Negative Calories?!?!

nbackes
nbackes Posts: 5
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
Back Story: i Use to have 2600 and I'm allowed to have 1650 cal a day and thats to safely lose weight)

anyways the last few days ive been going under..for example i have breakfast and lunch that usually puts me at 700 cal
then i hit the gym and burn 700+ and i gain my whole day back..

i was Just Wondering if This is healthy or should i tone down the cardio or eat more?

Thanks in Advance.

Replies

• i personall, dont eat much anymore so i HAVE to eat my exercise calories back. maybe try eating half of them back but exercise is always a good thing. :bigsmile:
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    you should check out the stickies at the top of the "general diet and nutrition" section in the forum, that may help answer your questions :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    eat more. Make sure your NET calories are over 1200 but they should really be closer to your 1650 goal to be honest.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Based on how MFP works, you should be eating back your exercise calories and reaching your net daily calorie goal of 1650/day. The deficit needed to reach the weekly weight loss goals you entered into MFP are already factored into your daily calories.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    You should eat at least half, if not all of your exercise calories every day.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    If you were used to eating 2600 and are now eating half of that you're probably going to freak out your metabolism. It's going to think that something is wrong and possibly shut down a bit which will make it more difficult to lose weight. You're really better off sticking with what MFP tells you you should be eating and eating back at least some of your exercise calories each day.
  • grobinos
    grobinos Posts: 2 Member
    At the end of the day the goal is to try to keep that Calorie number what ever it is to color "Green" and if you end up going over and it's "Red" just try to keep that red number low. I gave up all high calorie drinks and I watch what kind of food I eat but I am not giving up anything that I used to eat I just watch my portion. You can't deprive yourself so make sure if you have cravings to go ahead and eat it just make sure to watch your portion. Good luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.