The latest crazy diet fad

Options
FearAnLoathing
FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
I saw this on the news tonight you can now get a patch that they sew on your tounge to prevent you from eat solid food.:huh: I guess it makes eating solid food really really painfull

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/health/tongue-patch-weight-loss-surgery-20100914

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    WTF?!
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    That is CRAZY! :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I read that only 10 people have done it so far,but now that its hit the media im sure that number will go up
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    DUDE.

Or as Super Grover from Sesame Street would say: "HUBBA-WHA?!" (sorry, can't resist, he cracks me up)

I'm thinking the SEWING IT TO YOUR TONGUE part would be painful enough. I wouldn't even want to eat. *Head-desk*
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh man! No thanks!! I could see how that would make a great many things in life uncomfortable.
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that is so messed up
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    seems reasonable. not for the average person. but lap band and gastric bypass are more invasive and force you to be on a liquid diet. maybe for those types of patients who have 100+ pounds to lose, this would be an option. i bet recovery is faser, the procedure is cheaper and it can be reversed easier than gastric and lapband.
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Soooo... let me get this straight.. No working out and no dieting wanted, so they sew a patch on their tongue?

Yea, next thing you know they will be putting that steak in the blender... then what? :sick:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    might as well find a big guy at the gym, punch you in the jaw then have it wired shut!!!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WTF!!! When are people going to realize that only through lifestyle changes will any weight loss stick.:noway: :grumble:
  • christinathompson1
    christinathompson1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ouch!!!!!!
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have been waiting to hear what this was. I assumed it was like numbing strips to kill taste for periods of time, this just sounds... Stupid.

Thanks for posting!
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    WTF!!! When are people going to realize that only through lifestyle changes will any weight loss stick.:noway: :grumble:

maybe when doctors stop coming up with "easy" procedures. which will most likely never happen. =/
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    Holy cow! One word: OUCH! It is crazy what some people will do to lose weight the unhealthy way. I'm glad that's not the way of us, MFPers.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options

maybe when doctors stop coming up with "easy" procedures. which will most likely never happen. =/

Easy loss = Easy re-gain:grumble:
  • bjscmg
    bjscmg Posts: 77
    Options
    WOW where do I sign up for a net applied to my tongue so i can be unhappy all day because I have to drink my meals. Oh and I really hope my husband finds it sexy cuz it will be there for 30 days. ugh when will people get a clue? STOP EATING JUNK!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    And eventually it has to come off. Then they will eat everything they see. Yeah great plan there.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That is so way out of this world disgusting:smile: ! Geesh.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    i ...

just...

but...

nevermind.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    hmm and here I was going to just cut off my hands at the wrist ;)