Veggies

Options
Hairhacker
Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
Hi all! I am just wondering who counts calories for veggies and who doesn't ...I came here from Weight Watchers and never counted them there so haven't been here. My thoughts are no one ever got fat from eating too many veggies, just wondering what everyone else does?

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    count all calories veggies or whatever
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    They have calories so I count them.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    you have to count everything *S*..
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I could them, just because I'm a type 2 diabetic. I am really watching my sugars and some veggies and fruit have sugar in them. And I'm obsessed with getting enought fiber! It's just a good habit to watch anways.
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I count everything... even 5 calorie gum!
  • maxxmore
    maxxmore Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I came from weight watchers too, and I started counting everything thing.
    :smile:
  • dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WW used to count them also, ultimately it's up to you. I count mine for what it's worth :)
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    i count it all too... best to do so when you want to know exactly what you put in your body :)
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    I definately count ALL calories, including vegies!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep. I count them too! :)
  • toloseme
    toloseme Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think it is a matter of choice to be honest. I know a lot of people who have been on plans like Weight Watchers who were told that they did not need to count veggies and lost weight just fine. Other people need to count every single calorie that goes in their mouth. But truthfully, with some fruits and veggies, how do you even know you are getting the right calorie count?

A "medium" sized orange or carrot could be "large" to someone else or even "small" to someone else.
  • monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    I count it!! Why not see the positive choices add up to inspire more good choices. The little things can also add up to larger numbers, so keep everything within reason and it will be a whole change, not just artificial, if that makes sense.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses...I have kinda been on the fence as of what to do.. I have to say I am surprised so many count their veggies. I guess as long as I'm losing I will stick with what I'm doing and I did it also to get myself to eat more veggies as they are so good for you... thanks again to all who responded. Weight Watchers now says you don't have to count fruits either! Which are waaay more calories typically than veggies so I always count those but it's interesting to see what everone else does and what works for them. :smile:
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I actually count (and weigh) most of my veggies......

The log to me is a track of everything I eat - and when other people ask me for advice I just point them to my food diaries as some people dont believe it when I tell them how much I actually eat.....so for me it is not just about tracking the calories - it is about recording my journey - and the choices I now make...
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I think it is a matter of choice to be honest. I know a lot of people who have been on plans like Weight Watchers who were told that they did not need to count veggies and lost weight just fine. Other people need to count every single calorie that goes in their mouth. But truthfully, with some fruits and veggies, how do you even know you are getting the right calorie count?

A "medium" sized orange or carrot could be "large" to someone else or even "small" to someone else.
    I pick those items that list size for example small as under 2 inches diameter, etc...
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I don't, I also came from ww. I do count fruits though!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I actually count (and weigh) most of my veggies......

The log to me is a track of everything I eat - and when other people ask me for advice I just point them to my food diaries as some people dont believe it when I tell them how much I actually eat.....so for me it is not just about tracking the calories - it is about recording my journey - and the choices I now make...

That's how I feel too! I like to be able to look back and see exactly what I ate. I can see that times when I struggle it's because I'm not getting in enough fruits and veggies.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I always count everything, but I'm not so worried about calories right now. I'm more worried about getting all the vitamins I need in a day. :smile: