Does an active job count as exercise?

Options
I am a massage therapist and I was told that for each hour that I massage, I should count it to as a leisurly walk, 2.5 mph. Although I love the thought of getting to add extra activity to my exercise journal, I also know that when I set my goals with MFP, I checked off that I was active at work. Therefore I think that it is already factored into my calorie allowance. Any input would on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When you set youself up, what activity level did you choose? I thing your routine occupation should not be recorded as exercise but reflected in your activity choice and your baseline calorie allotment.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No, an active job counts as an active lifestyle.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It's already calculated into your goals based on the activity level you selected. Adding it again as exercise would be double dipping.
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing - I work on an assembly line, building minivans and engines - today I was on my feet for 8 hours straight, walking up and down a ramp to do my job. I know I burned calories doing it, but I just sort of count those as a bonus :) (as in I don't count them at all)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    It's already calculated into your goals based on the activity level you selected. Adding it again as exercise would be double dipping.

This :wink: