Hello MFP World...Ottawa Here!

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Les I am from Ottawa, Canada and I am brand new to MFP. I have been on a journey of improved health for some time now and I am moving aggressively into the body weight area now. I have certainly been down this road before however not when I have been this healthy in other ways. I am motivated and reasonably informed in the ways of weight loss having lost almost 100 pounds previously. I am now older, wiser and refuse to take steps to lose weight that are unhealthy to my body. I subscribe to the ideas of a lifestyle change incorporating healthy whole foods, and increasing activity and not unsustainable dieting. Simple but not easy!

If you are interested in helping each other along the way, drop me a line!

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hello Ottawa! Welcome from Winnipeg! MFP is an awesome place to find support! Good luck on your journey!
  • AlbertWong
    AlbertWong Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Les,

I'm back to Ottawa for a year and back to MFP for the third time. A bit about me, I'm 42, married with 7 kids and usually live and work overseas but am originally from Ottawa area. This year, I'm taking a mid-life "opportunity" to have a sort of Sabbatical from my work and focus on getting the stuff done that I've let slide and have regret because of it. One of these areas of life is my long-term issue with being overweight and never seriously tackling it. In the past, only when I've kept the calories counted has it ever worked for me and I remember a couple years back meeting up with this 75 year old guy that ran circles around me at our work location. He told me that he'd lost 50 lbs just two years before and it was all due to counting (he also would walkt everyday).

So you're new, and im new again.

I hope that you're doing well with it and just to let you know there's another 40'ish dad in Ottawa area (Blackburn Hamlet, near Orleans) that's giving it a go.

Cheers,

Allan