300 cal over, like every day \ /

Options
2»

Replies

• allroundthesun
    Options
    I haven't read the other responses, but 1500-1600 cal. isn't too many at all - it's a totally reasonable goal! Assuming you didn't exercise at all, you'd still have a deficit of around 500 calories/day so in theory you'd still be losing about half a kg. each week... but in my experience, it's usually closer to 1 kg. or so unless your weight is already VERY low (I mean very low as in 54 kg or less at your height) and you're just trying to lose a few kg.

I lost 20 kg. eating between 1400-1600 and doing cardio exercise for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times/week. 1600 was my goal for the first 11ish kg. then 1500 for the next 7ish kg. and even for the last 3ish kg. to reach 52 kg. (I'm 5'2") my goal was still 1400. You can absolutely do it with a goal of 1500-1600 and a reasonable amount of exercise!

If I were in your shoes, I think I'd just raise my goal to 1500 or 1600 and make sure that whatever I ate above 1200 was heathful. It seems like you're just going to get frustrated and discouraged if you keep struggling to stay at 1200 when you're body is telling you it needs a few hundred more calories, and that's not going to help you lose weight.

Aside from that, do you exercise? Some form of cardio three or four times a week will burn a lot of the additonal calories, which might help ease your mind about them. If you really, really don't want to set your goal above 1200, then lots and lots of water (10-12 cups) and lots of tea (make as many pots as you want and "snack" on it all day) reduce hunger and the desire to snack for me.

Good luck! :)
  • arezou_vancouver
    arezou_vancouver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other responses, but 1500-1600 cal. isn't too many at all - it's a totally reasonable goal! Assuming you didn't exercise at all, you'd still have a deficit of around 500 calories/day so in theory you'd still be losing about half a kg. each week... but in my experience, it's usually closer to 1 kg. or so unless your weight is already VERY low (I mean very low as in 54 kg or less at your height) and you're just trying to lose a few kg.

I lost 20 kg. eating between 1400-1600 and doing cardio exercise for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times/week. 1600 was my goal for the first 11ish kg. then 1500 for the next 7ish kg. and even for the last 3ish kg. to reach 52 kg. (I'm 5'2") my goal was still 1400. You can absolutely do it with a goal of 1500-1600 and a reasonable amount of exercise!

If I were in your shoes, I think I'd just raise my goal to 1500 or 1600 and make sure that whatever I ate above 1200 was heathful. It seems like you're just going to get frustrated and discouraged if you keep struggling to stay at 1200 when you're body is telling you it needs a few hundred more calories, and that's not going to help you lose weight.

Aside from that, do you exercise? Some form of cardio three or four times a week will burn a lot of the additonal calories, which might help ease your mind about them. If you really, really don't want to set your goal above 1200, then lots and lots of water (10-12 cups) and lots of tea (make as many pots as you want and "snack" on it all day) reduce hunger and the desire to snack for me.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the tips and support. My thing is....I am working fulltime, studying almost full time, and drafting a thesis for my masters degree, planning a wedding ( Sep 3, 2011 !!!) all by my self.....so I have very few hours to myself . I know I have to exercise and I truly enjoy it but haven't had the time. I am going to promise myself to do at least twice a week. By the sound of it, it would be almost impossible to do this thing without exercise.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and support. My thing is....I am working fulltime, studying almost full time, and drafting a thesis for my masters degree, planning a wedding ( Sep 3, 2011 !!!) all by my self.....so I have very few hours to myself . I know I have to exercise and I truly enjoy it but haven't had the time. I am going to promise myself to do at least twice a week. By the sound of it, it would be almost impossible to do this thing without exercise.

Yeah, I found it very hard the first time I tried to lose weight without any exercise, and while I lost some weight I was still kind of flabby, just smaller. But I totally hear you, when you have to go go go all the time, the last thing you want to do is go some more during the little down time you have, I've been there! But it sounds like your goal for twice a week is a good one, and even 30 mins. will help, doesn't need to be crazy long. Oh, and congrats on your wedding!
  • arezou_vancouver
    arezou_vancouver Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Yeah, I found it very hard the first time I tried to lose weight without any exercise, and while I lost some weight I was still kind of flabby, just smaller. But I totally hear you, when you have to go go go all the time, the last thing you want to do is go some more during the little down time you have, I've been there! But it sounds like your goal for twice a week is a good one, and even 30 mins. will help, doesn't need to be crazy long. Oh, and congrats on your wedding!

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, weight loss is 80% diet, and 20% at most exercise. They say you build abs in the kitchen. Sugars are poison, and excess carbs can show on your stomach.

A few tweaks here and that can be all that's required - I look at each day's food journal and go "Right, what one thing could I have changed to make that better?"

Why dont you have a look back over 10 days and see if you can spot any areas that could have been better?