College Student

Options
Hi everyone. I'm in college and my body is going through some changes and my lack of exercise is catching up. I'm using this as a way to become aware of what I eat and my activity level. The hardest part for me will be keeping motivated....

Im thinking this support will help. Thank you all

Replies

• Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a college student too. Feel free to add me if you'd like a friend!
  • mrstudz
    mrstudz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    classic problem. For most of us I think this happens from having it a little too easy growing up...you can eat what you want sit on your but and drink/party like no tomorrow and there aren't really any consequences.

Its good you recognize you dont like where you are going early on. Took me till i was like 26.....I remember the day i looked down at my belly and couldnt see my toes and was like what the hell? I have a gut?? I panicked lol

Welcome to the rest of your life:

watch what you eat., get off facebook and out into the real world, join/continue on in a sport or get into the gym.

And stick with it for the next 20 years, so it becomes a part of life, not a chore.

Most importantly never stop pushing yourself...even once you hit your weight goals, you'll be amazed how much further you can go, and every 6 months you'll constantly look back at yourself as the "old you"
  • jmconway1
    jmconway1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I did the same thing! gained some weight when I first got to college, lost it, got overloaded with work and gained a little back. Now I'm working towards my masters and I plan to keep this weight off for good!
  • OhJackie
    OhJackie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    college student too so I know the pain. Good luck!
  • January91968
    Options
    hello
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was a student. Just graduated. Feel free to add me.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am a college student too. Managed to gain 30 pounds but am slowly getting myself back to my old weight.
  • npendleton
    npendleton Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi.. I'm a law student. Same issue. But I've lost 15lbs on MFP in addition the the 5 I lost before. You can do it~!
  • veriviki
    veriviki Posts: 44
    Options
    I just finished my first year of university and know exactly how you feel! Now that I'm on my summer break I'm trying to get back in shape because during the school year I don't have enough time to work, try to lose weight and keep up my grades haha.
  • bryzzl
    bryzzl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined as well, I graduated from university last year and have begun my quest to lose that uni fat - gained 1 whole stone at university..courtesy of dominoes pizza and the Student union bar! So yay for us!
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm a 20 yo Uni student, have piled on 2 stone, and am sick of lugging it all around with me, 28 lb, imagine that much butter!! That's what's on me!
    Anyway, I need to stay motivated, I LOVE to eat, so am trying to exercise so I can eat more, and eat low calorie foods so I can eat more.
    If anybody just wants to add me a friend, so we can see each others posts, It would really help motivate me :)
  • noxx27
    noxx27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Stay strong girl! Its not as hard as it looks, Just being aware of what you are putting in your mouth helps a ton. Being aware helps me make better choices. Ive been at this for a little over a month and making great progress.Getting a friend who can check in and hold you accountable helps too. Just ask and someone will be more than willing to check in on your profile to keep you honest.

Good luck, you can do it!