I BLAME FAT SHOES.

Options
You know those slip on shoes that require no bending down to lace up ? The kinda shoes that are basically leather slippers ? Timberland makes them. Merrill makes them. They have them for men and women. These shoes should carry health warnings like cigarette packs do. They lead to fatness. They make the wearer feel shlumpy and fat. And lazy and old. Like his life is somewhere between sleep and bed. And when a man spends most of his time in these shoes (walks a mile in these shoes so to speak), he becomes, in his mind, fat and sleepy. And fat and sleepy, is not a motivating state of mind. It sucks the will to live out of you. All you want to do is eat. So if you wear these shoes, please take them off and throw them away and put on sneakers or shoes with laces. Do it right now. It will change the way you feel about yourself. Trust me. You think this sounds crazy but just try it for a week. Comfortable shoes are rotten for the soul and should only be worn after the age of 65.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sooo true! I find that when I leave my shoes unlaced, I frump around like some meandering old penguin. :laugh:

Tight and light FTW!