Help.. Night eater..

Options
So I am a huge night eater... I have no real schedule and it is hard at the moment to put myself on one.
I work 2 jobs, go to college full time, and I am most productive at night, like 10 o'clock. I am definitely an insomniac but the worst thing about that is I am a night eater... I used to work until midnight the last couple of years and than stay up til 2 doing homework so I would not eat dinner until midnight unless I got an earlier opportunity like 8 or 9. I also usually eat breakfast and than don't eat lunch til about 1 to 3. I sometimes think I eat so late at night because I can't sleep, and eating puts me to sleep because I am full... I need HELP!! lol
I used to drink tea in bed (hehe) and that worked but I do live in Hawaii now so we have to worry about Cockroaches..
Any Ideas will greatly help... Mahalo! (Thank You)

Replies

• ddbruni
    ddbruni Posts: 1
    Options
    I have read in many books and articles on the topic of when you eat and many nutrition experts claim it is not really so much when you eat but what you eat. Your late night meal is probably not optimal but is really fine as long as you pick healthy lean protien and plant based foods and stay away from carbing up at that late hour or eating processed foods.
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hawaii? Wow, you are lucky! I have trouble with night eating also. My husband has weird hours so he gets home about 8 p.m. If I wait to eat with him then it is so late that I have been snacking for 2 hours. If I eat at 6 when I get home from work then I want to have something later too! I guess I am not much help but I totally understand.

I agree that your late night meal is not that bad if it is lean protein. Just drink lots of water!

Jean from Iowa