Pain after working out with a Allergy breakout

Options
CassieLEO
CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
Ok, so for the last five days or so I have been having a horrendous time with seasonal allergies. The pollen count is so high you can see it floating in the air and collecting on cars, and just basically everywhere. I am treating the symptoms with minimal relief. I have taken my usual classes (Zumba and a water aerobics class) and done my usual cardio with some strength training thrown in, but nothing unusual about my normal workout routine. Every morning I wake up my body is killing me for the last 3 days. So I am thinking that it has something to do with the allergies and my muscles. Is there anyone who knows anything about this? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks for your input guys!!!

Replies

• AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I don't know what the muscle connection is, unless maybe you're a bit tired from the allergies and your muscles aren't recovering as fast? But what I can suggest is a neti pot - google it and buy one today! They're weird and a little bit gross but I promise you they work - they flush out your sinus cavity and work absolute miracles on allergies - getting the allergens out and also lessening the stuffiness. I've only had one allergy attack this year and that's a MASSIVE improvement for me - I used to get sinus migraines that would totally knock me out. And if you use them consistently there's some suggestion that they may keep you from getting colds too (touch wood, I also haven't had a cold since I started using them despite everyone in my office having them)!
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    i fully understand what you mean. The past three days I havent even wanted to get up. I have a huge pressure migraine headache every morning. I dont feel like exercising. You are so right the seasonal allergies sure can mess you up. Hope you feel better soon:)
  • sevelanne
    sevelanne Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same here! Feel rubbish, particularly today! bleurgh...
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    This time of year is HORRIBLE! Im glad im not the only ones whos misserable right now LOL!!
  • tlkoehl
    tlkoehl Posts: 27
    Options
    You are not alone, and I know when we can't breath correctly the oxygen is not going throughout our body like it should:cry: Hence the slower recovery time:mad: if you are not comfortable with the neti pot just get some saline nasal spray and use it everyday, this will do the same thing. However, use the ac when you can and an air purifier in your home so it helps clean the air:smooched: That is the best I can do:grumble: Hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I would guess (I'm not really medically trained besides some in depth first aid) that you aren't able to take in as much air generally so your O2 levels will be down meaning your muscles will be working harder and recovering slower.

Vaseline or petroleum jelly around the opening of your nose should help a bit. It's not kicked in here in the UK, but I'm not looking forward to it. Oh and when you get home change your clothes and shower to get it off you.