Your fav song to run to..

Options
Hello

Was wondering what everyones fav song to run/job to is, I'm going to start c25k and looking for some tracks to have on in the background that will motivate me, but my mind has gone blank.lol.

Xx

Replies

• simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hey there :) I dont have a fav song but try
    www.jogfm.com
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Just like a pill-p!nk
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    personally, Tik Tok, by kesha, is a good one. fast beat and just plain fun to listen too. not sure about fast enough to run too, but it is good for a fast walk... I do not run... YET!
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Metallica's version of Whiskey in the Jar
    pretty much any "hair band" song from the 80's
    GNR Welcome to the Jungle
    Kesha
    Katy Perry
    No Doubt did a really good version of "Come On Eileen", but good luck finding it.
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    Kanye West - Stronger, Power and Lil' Wayne - A Milli

4632107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Van Halen "Right Now" is my all time motivator on a run... Also like "Poundcake from the same album.
    Other favorites:
    "Cliffs of Dover" Eric Johnson
    "Enter Sandman" Metallica
    "Take Me as I am" Sugarland
    "SexyBack" Justin Timberlake
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The nike 10k mix is really good for pace. Some of the songs get a bit annoying after a while, though. Lady Gaga kept me going when I started running.
  • musefromnowhere
    Options
    The All Day album from Girl Talk, you can download it for free fro here: http://illegal-art.net/allday/

It was really made for running, I listen to it every time.
  • mtntrailrunner
    Options
    Usually when this topic is brought up Lose Yourself by Eminem is often the most mentioned.

Their are others by bands you probably wouldn't be interested in like Filter, Rage Against the Machine, etc.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The new Britney song, end of the world or whatever is the BEST on the elliptical. Yea I'm a nerd!....

Typically though the best music to work-out to is punk so Sum 41, Taking Back Sunday and New Found Glory.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    lady gaga just dance!
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Trust in You - The Offspring

SERIOUSLY this will make you run like a mad-person.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of 80s and 90s tunes with a fast pace in my iPod as a "Workout" playlist. "Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis and the News came on during yesterday's run and made me giggle since it talks about people working out.
  • TheBrandon
    TheBrandon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sinisstar, Freak of Nature. Should have you flexing every muscle in your body fired up. Always start to this.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Too many favorites to list, but I have a tip for you. If you haven't tried this before, consider making a playlist based on not only what music you like but the songs' beats per minute (BPM). There are tons of websites out there that'll help you convert your pace to BPM so that you can sync your run (steps per minute ... SPM) to your music. It's a fantastic tool and you can do what you like with it. I have playlists that have a slow jog for a warmup song, and then the songs are all of a specific BPM that'll net me whatever pace I want (like a 7 minute mile or whatever) for the remainder of my run, followed by a slower song for my cool down. All you have to do is keep pace with the beat (which is what we all like anyways!) and you'll instantly find yourself keeping your desired pace. A cool tool for a 5K race (if they allow headphones). You'll be delighted with how well this can work. Just google music and beats per minute and you'll find tons of information out there including lists of songs with the beat rate you're looking for!

Good luck!
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    Sinisstar, Freak of Nature. Should have you flexing every muscle in your body fired up. Always start to this.

Mine is SHUT UP and RUN!!!! lol
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Too many favorites to list, but I have a tip for you. If you haven't tried this before, consider making a playlist based on not only what music you like but the songs' beats per minute (BPM). There are tons of websites out there that'll help you convert your pace to BPM so that you can sync your run (steps per minute ... SPM) to your music. It's a fantastic tool and you can do what you like with it. I have playlists that have a slow jog for a warmup song, and then the songs are all of a specific BPM that'll net me whatever pace I want (like a 7 minute mile or whatever) for the remainder of my run, followed by a slower song for my cool down. All you have to do is keep pace with the beat (which is what we all like anyways!) and you'll instantly find yourself keeping your desired pace. A cool tool for a 5K race (if they allow headphones). You'll be delighted with how well this can work. Just google music and beats per minute and you'll find tons of information out there including lists of songs with the beat rate you're looking for!

Good luck!

Awesome! Thank you for posting this. I was just thinking about this the other day when I had my 'fast music' playlist on. I'd get going really well and then boom the beat would change and I would falter. I ended up picking one song and putting it on repeat. needless to say I am already sick of that song!
  • NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My ultimate at the moment is 'The Pretender' by the Foo Fighters. I had it in my playlist for a race last Sunday, and man, when that beat kicked in I was so amped. You should try it!
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just about anything by Pink. Trouble is my latest fave.

Also, a tune that is pretty big in the UK by Tine Tempah (spelling?) called Wonderman. You can find it under his name in ITunes, but for some reason doesn't come up when you search the song. It's a bit cheesy, but for some reason i'm addicted.