Feeling down

Options
I feel so down and like giving up already. I exercise everyday without fail driven by guilt f i don't make the effort, and by the drive to get stronger and able to live in the 'real world' after a full on 18 month long recovery process from surgery. But it's just not coming off, i eat a small amount anyway roughly been on 1500 cals for years, so needed to bring it down too 1200 for some weight loss according to MFP and i burn on average 200-400 per day on exercise alone, so surely i should be losing something. Last week i lost 1.8lbs and that registered here as 1lb or 0.8lbs it said in my status update (not fair) and now i know i actually weight 600g heavy than last week, even though i've been more active and more strict with food. Fed up and feeling pretty peeved off. Holiday is in 4 weeks time and i still haven't lost a dime, so no clothes will fit me :sad: :devil: :sad:

Replies

• sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    I know how you feel, and it can be hard to work out what works for us and what doesn't. The only advice i have is that you need to make sure you're net calories aren't too low, and if you are eating 1200 calories and then burning off 200-400 a day, you are only really eating 800-1000 NET calories a day, and it may be that you have to try and eat a bit more. Also, how much water do you drink?
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    it IS hard, and i'm sure even harder after such a long recovery time after surgery, but you can't let it make you feel emotionally spent. that's counter productive.
    this sounds stupid, but maybe you SHOULDN'T work out every day. you need some time to recover from you workouts. and, it also sounds wrong, but sometimes if you are working out AND cutting calories MORE, you are working backwards. you need to fuel your body when you increase your activity.
    unfortunately, because everyone is different, there are some of us who have to go by trial and error to see what's going to work best. i cut my calories from 1400 to 1200 b/c i wanted to lose more, faster...instead, i just stopped losing altogether. i upped it back to 1400 a couple weeks ago and have started losing again (slowly, but surely).
    i'd love to give you the secret code to fast weight loss, but i don't have it...i do hope you don't let it get you down though. the end result, no matter how long it takes, is worth the struggles you go through.
    good luck!
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will try to eat more i think this new coming week and see if that helps, although i was eating more cals before and it didn't hence why i came down a bit, but perhaps it's too low now. I actually feel like i'm eating all the time, i eat my 3 meals and occasionally have toast at night (twice this week)i f i'm peckish, so i never feel like i'm going without in the slightest. And for water i drink 4 bottles that are 50cl in size per day x
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    Stay with it girl! Sounds like you have been through so much already. You can do this. Don't sweat the small stuff, and believe me in the whole scheme of things in our short lifetimes, this weight loss business is small stuff. The important thing is renewing your love, to the one you love and of course being in Vegas baby! Hope it is a blast.
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    I know how you feel, and it can be hard to work out what works for us and what doesn't. The only advice i have is that you need to make sure you're net calories aren't too low, and if you are eating 1200 calories and then burning off 200-400 a day, you are only really eating 800-1000 NET calories a day, and it may be that you have to try and eat a bit more. Also, how much water do you drink?

i agree with this...it is exactly what i was going to say.
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    600 grams? Are you serious!!!
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for helping me through it, the dvt pain and hip pain got too me and weighing heavier was the final straw for me, after such hard work. I needed a vent and too rant and rave and get the pent up frustration out of my system. Thankfully i never turned to comfort food, as i would of done before without fail. Instead i packed myself off to the bed and raised the leg higher than my hip to ease with blood flow and read a book. it did me the world of good as this morning i was back on track and raring too exercise once more. I certainly will stop sweating the small stuff in future xx