Too Busy Lately Fot The Gym!!!

Options
Has anyone been too busy for the gym lately? Weirdly I have not been to the gym in 10 days but am still losing weight.....I used to go M,T,W,T,SUN. Now when I do go I might go 1 day and stay there for 15 minutes less...It makes me think that weight loss is more about diet than exercise......

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Personally, I know it's more about diet, that is the only way I ever lost when I was younger...never worked out period. BUT I know today that working out is better for my overall health so that's why I am making the effort for 5 days, 30 min.....you will never, ever see me go too much beyond though ;)
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It is definitely possible to lose weight without exercising.. The exercise just makes me feel better, allows me to eat more and get more nutritients.. and builds muscle and tones.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've still been doing my running (three days a week) but haven't lifted in nearly two weeks, but I need to. My energy level is way down!!!! I really think it makes a difference in how I feel, but also in how I look. Being toned is something I'm striving for, so I really need to get back there!!!! Hopefully tonight I'll get in a session with weights!
  • johnthefatman
    johnthefatman Posts: 205
    Options
    Yes I'm in that state too. Now that I'm 2/3 of the way to my target I find I have much more energy and desire to get out and have a life! Having a life gets in the way of working out - we just need an extra 12 hours a day! I'm still loosing steadily and I am walking a lot more and a lot quicker than I used to so that must help too.
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Personally, I know it's more about diet, that is the only way I ever lost when I was younger...never worked out period. BUT I know today that working out is better for my overall health so that's why I am making the effort for 5 days, 30 min.....you will never, ever see me go too much beyond though ;)

Took the words right from my finger tips! Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. I work out 4-6 days a week because I love the way it makes me feel and the way my body is toning - and so I can eat those exercise calories, I'm a hungry girl :laugh:

You can find the time, just make it a priority. Get up early and go to bed early, get off Facebook or even spend less time on MFP - you just have to make up your mind to do it.

ETA: OMG congrats on your weightloss success so far!!! You are doing GREAT!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had the exact sentiment yesterday! I had to take a couple of days off because of a knee injury and I lost more weight in the past few days by watching what I eat alone, than when I worked out 6 days (w/ 2-a-days 2x) last week. I think I'm going to just focus my dirty and slow down on the working out. Then probably workout more when I get closer to my goal for toning. I enjoy working out but I don't get results faster.