Motivate me....

Options
This board seemed like a good start for me this morning. When I was doing this weight lose thing last year things were going so easy for me, but this year it feels more like a struggle or hassle maybe. The weight was coming off much easier last year and I saw results faster. Now I need to remind everyone that I only just started 4 days ago with the daily exercise and really watching what I am eating, but before that I feel like I was conscience of what was going in my body (but with the weight gain maybe not). I have to remember to not weigh myself everyday, I am making the decision now to only weigh in on...hmmm...Tuesdays...

The worst part is I went to put on my favorite pair of jeans this morning and they were tight...really tight. It makes me sad that these jeans as of last year were loose and I felt good in them. I guess that should just motivate me more, but it's not, it's making me frustrated and I keep asking myself, how could I have fallen off the wagon this bad? I am trying not to be too hard on myself, but it's hard not to be. I have to keep my eyes on the prize...looking beautiful in my wedding dress

Any motivation, support, suggestions, thoughts are welcomed :)

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Well we are all here to motivate! You also have to find it in yourself to keep going! What are some of your reasons for weight loss if you don't mind me asking? I lost almost 50 lbs 4 months before my wedding and it all cam back really quick!
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    :smooched: Trying setting yourself a goal, like say lose a pound a week for however long, and work towards that goal. Sometimes its easier to work toward the little goals than the big ones. Don't stress yourself out too much about it either. And remember to track your inches lost because it may not show up on the scale but you'll be loosing inches. Belive me, I know, lol. I just went thru this.
    Back off of sodium, it retains water. And try drinking lots of water. The last two are my bad habits I'm trying to break. I don't pay enough attention to the sodium until its too late. And with the water thing, you are suppost to drink 8 cups a day but I don't drink 8 cups of anything, lol. Hope this helps :happy:
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When I started this process, my goal was to control my asthma, which had gotten so bad that I was on multiple inhalers and had bronchitis which required the use of steroids and antibiotics to control, about 4 times a year. I am no longer on any inhalers, no issues with bronchitis, and I can spend hours on the treadmill if time permitted. On top of that, I've lost 30 pounds since January. You can do this! I am not an exercise loving person, or at least wasn't, but now if I don't have time, it drives me crazy. I need those endorphins. Best of Luck, Lynn:flowerforyou:
  • jo_bel
    jo_bel Posts: 16
    Options
    I know how you feel as I have that feeling of frustration everytime I realise that clothes from last year don't fit. I get a burst of motivation and then 5 minutes later I have forgotten how I felt and am back to just doing as I feel.

Don't worry about falling off the wagon. We all do it at times and it sometimes can feel like quite an effort to get back on again, but if you are determined and want to keep trying then you will make it.

Also, having lots of people to motivate me helps. You can friend me and we can motivate each other.
  • mamapandal
    mamapandal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In the past of have tried to exercise and eat better. I would exercise and then think I could eat whatever. Then I would go back back to eating better and exercise and just quit after a while. I just couldn't stay motivated. I have been doing this for about 5 years. I have pretty much been the same size in clothes and weight since then. It is so hard to stay motivated when you don't get to see any results. Just recently, in March, I decided to try a Zumba class. I absolutely loved it! I don't want to miss a class. It became my motivator. I felt like if I didn't exercise more during the week, then the Zumba class would be a waist of time. Shortly after I started Zumba my mom got me to try myfittnesspal. This site has made me eat a lot better. I have become determined to exercise 4 to 5 times a week and eat healthy. I have dropped a pants size and I feel amazing. I never thought it was possible.

For my workout I do Hip Hop Abs a couple times a week. The Zumba class is only once a week. Doing the same routine can make you loose motivation. It is really good to change up how you exercise. Like, yesterday my husband came home early. I don't exercise in front of him! I jogged down our steep driveway and then walked back up. I felt like I did the Zumba class and it only took me 20 minutes and I was outside. I guess my advice to you is find an exercise workout that you really enjoy and can't get enough of and then maybe you will be motivated to keep it going. Good luck!!!
  • capemaylover
    capemaylover Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Reasons for weight loss:

Feeling better
    Look better
    and my number one: my wedding!