paleo plan?

Options
does anyone use the paleo plan meal plans? Here is the link if you don't know what it is.

http://www.paleoplan.com/

I have talked to a nutritionist and this is what she suggested for me since I have not gone anywhere in weight the last 2 months, just wanted to know if this is good. Thanks

Replies

• beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't but one of the bloggers I read has been doing it for around 8 weeks I think and she looks amazing

http://www.jagsfitnessblog.com/
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    bump to read link later
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have been eating something like 80% paleo for a few months. I feel so much better and even though it is restrictive, it is manageable and I feel indulgent when eating my meals. I went from a bowl of cereal for breakfast to eggs and peppers and mushrooms for example. Doesn't take much more time, even though it sounds like it would;). Honestly it isnt an automatic weight loss though. I have lost inches, gained muscle, but only. Couple pounds.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I just read that blog and I am impressed.....and intrigued...I think I might just give this a try for 2 weeks and see the outcome....
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I just read that blog and I am impressed.....and intrigued...I think I might just give this a try for 2 weeks and see the outcome....

You should really commit to at least 30 days. 2 weeks will not do anything for you and bouncing back and forth between plans is not healthy either.

Also, subscribing to read later (like lunch time)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Nice site. Too bad it's not free (costs $9.99/mo), but I realize that you're getting a no brainer meal plan, recipes, etc for that.

I think it'd be useful for someone who doesn't know how to cook, or someone who can't wrap their brain around the concept of eating breakfast without cereal or toast. Personally, I've found it very easy to eliminate refined, processed junk from my diet, and I know how to cook, so I just make meals that are heavy in veggies, with protein, and that works.

Btw, most any recipe can be adapted. For ex. if you want to make lasagna, instead of using pasta, use eggplant cut thinly. Make chicken cutlets without the breading. Instead of serving rice or potatoes as a side, make more veggies. There are even recipes that are bread "substitutes", if you can't live without bread.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this--will look into.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Thanks for the link! Nice site. Too bad it's not free (costs $9.99/mo), but I realize that you're getting a no brainer meal plan, recipes, etc for that.

I think it'd be useful for someone who doesn't know how to cook, or someone who can't wrap their brain around the concept of eating breakfast without cereal or toast. Personally, I've found it very easy to eliminate refined, processed junk from my diet, and I know how to cook, so I just make meals that are heavy in veggies, with protein, and that works.

Btw, most any recipe can be adapted. For ex. if you want to make lasagna, instead of using pasta, use eggplant cut thinly. Make chicken cutlets without the breading. Instead of serving rice or potatoes as a side, make more veggies. There are even recipes that are bread "substitutes", if you can't live without bread.

Yes you are correct, for me it is more of not having to think about it. I love having lists so I know exactly what to do. You could do it without paying all the recipes are for free just use one from each meal, you would have to figure out your own shopping list, and every meal is for two people unless stated.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

I find it much easier also and I love to cook and how know to cook too. I love reinventing new recipes from old favorites.

As far as lasagna goes, spinach and zucchini are staples in our household for this old favorite and spaghetti squash takes the place of bland pasta!!!