Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi everyone! :D

bluemist248
bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
I creating this account ages ago, started using it, but then lost all motivation to lose weight because I let the stress of university and jobs get in the way. But now, I've had a change of heart and perspective and realised that my degree would be very pointless if I wasn't healthy enough to get a job with it afterwards, so my health is my priority now (of course I'm still going to do my uni work! :tongue: but after my daily workout.

I've a large goal of weight loss to work towards, I have a BMI of around 35 (I weigh myself daily on my newly bought Wii Fit Plus) and I'm aiming to get my BMI down to a around 22-25. I don't mind really how long it takes, providing I don't have to starve myself or miss out on my weekend meal out with my partner and family. My main task is to increase the amount of exercise I do each day and eat less sweets and chocolate, besides I'm a picky eater so I'd find any major diet changes awkward to make.

What I most want out of using this site, is the encouragement and support that I can't get from over critical (and sometimes just plain rude) family members and friends, so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Hi and welcome

MFP is a great site and I'm sure you will get lots of support. Have a look around the forums and send requests to anyone you feel has similar goals, interests, age etc. Giving and receiving encouragement is a great motivator!

As you can see I had a large goal...still do but its half as big now and i've done it without feeling deprived...nothing off limits! Working so far

Good luck
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Welcome! I gained much of my weight during college (I just graduated in December) but this site has really helped me get back on track. I would love to help encourage you to reach you goal. I'll send a request :) Good luck!
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    I understand your story so well. I was a college student until 2008, and ballooned. And after college I got so comfortable in my 8-5 job that after waking up early, walking to work, work, going home, the evenings turned into couch potato or relax time. I justified that because I had a good 2.25 mile walk that day, most uphill, that it was enough.

So good luck on your journey! Sounds like you know what you still want in your life, like the weekend meal out. Which is good, it makes it feel less like a "diet." I would go crazy if I didn't get opportunities to splurge.