great Healthy snacks

auntyplanet
auntyplanet Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Hi There,

Im new to this site so i thought i'd share some real easy recipes that can be made and eaten fresh, and some that can be made in bulk and put in the freezer til next time...

Frozen Yoghurt-really simple. I buy a fat free greek/plain yoghurt or fromage frais, and then vary it so it doesn't get boring. some of my faves are adding blueberries, chopped strawberries, raisins, choc chips (special treat) pecans... you get the idea. You can add any fruit/nut you wish, give it a mix, chuck in the freezer for a few hours...Mmmmm

Yummy Substitute for sweets... Frozen grapes or frozen strawbs/berries of any kind.

Dinners...

Natural fat free yoghurt or fromage frais as a substitute for mayonnaise (this is especially good in tuna)

Wholemeal pasta/bread/rice instead of white

No 'fake' meats e.g. breaded chicken, ready made burgers, battered fish. ALWAYS use fresh-its healthier and tastes much better too

Home made chicken kievs-chicken breast, halloumi cheese and herbs/seasoning as you wish-flatten chicken breast with rolling pin (put cling fil over the breast and roll/bash) place cheese on half of breast, fold over rest of breast, secure with couple of cocktail sticks (soak sticks in water first for 5mins so they don't burn when in oven)
Grill/oven cook/shallow fry-whichever is your preference.
For an extra naughty version, wrap the breast with pancetta or similar before securing. Capers, olive oil and lemon go very well with this as a dressing, with some lettuce

I will update more quick recipes and tips as and when i can. Happy cooking all :)

Replies

This discussion has been closed.