Dizzy during workout

Options
Hey everyone!
In the mornings I do Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred. I eat breakfast before and have a glass of ice water on hand while I shred. While I workout sometimes I get dizzy durning certain moves. Is this normal? Does anyone else expirience this while doing a workout? Should I wait a little while longer to Shred after eating?

Thanks for the suggestions in advance :smile:

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm not all that familiar with 30-Day Shred...do you maybe know what moves make you get dizzy?
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    I'd try eating afterwards and room temp water. I'm doing the Shred too and I find ice water is harder on my body.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I'm not all that familiar with 30-Day Shred...do you maybe know what moves make you get dizzy?

I agree. When I did some of the P90x some of the moves made me dizzy. It may just be the moves. Never done 30 days shred so I don't know any of the moves.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    Could be sinus stuff going on? When I have a cold I tend to get dizzy if I bend over quickly. Also, is your BP good? My fil was having these issues and it turns out his BP was too high, his BP meds weren't working anymore
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    It could be a slight case of something called orthostatic hypotension. Basically when you move quickly it causes a quick drop in blood pressure causing you to get dizzy. A lot of times this happens if you stand up real quick or get out of bed real quick. Try adjusting you movements to a slower pace so you don't pass out.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    are you on blood pressure meds? i am and i get like that every so often and i lost 30 pounds and come to find out i need my meds adjusted... just take it easy.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    30-Day Shred is very intense for a short session. I don't think it's the food but the program. Maybe don't work so hard at it at first and let your body get used to it.

You could be getting your heart rate up too high. If you get dizzy then pause the DVD and let your heart rate come back down a little. It won't affect the calorie burn enough to make a difference and you continue to burn high even after the exercise is finished.

You will get used to it. I started out my journey with very intense walking. The first couple of weeks I kept having to stop because I was getting dizzy. It was too much too soon.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It could be a slight case of something called orthostatic hypotension. Basically when you move quickly it causes a quick drop in blood pressure causing you to get dizzy. A lot of times this happens if you stand up real quick or get out of bed real quick. Try adjusting you movements to a slower pace so you don't pass out.

I usually think of that as light headness when that happens, but I could see that also being dizzy too.
  • LoriCmomx3
    LoriCmomx3 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    No, I've never had a problem with my BP.
    I did the Shred last year and don't remember being dizzy. I went into hibernation during the winter and just started the Shred again last week. It probably is just getting used to it again. I'll try water with no ice too :wink: I've tried not eating before and it made it worse so that's why I eat before. Maybe I should be eating more before a workout. I only have a bowl of cereal.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    maybe try a protein shake before your workout