HRM

Options
hi guys just bought a hrm and when i'd finished my 50 min zumba session (usually 500-1000cals on av) it said in the cals burnt 1 32 (32) any idea what this means because i know i certainly burnt more that 132 cals x

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Looks like an error message to me.......
  • zoebea33
    zoebea33 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i didn't think of that, thanks :happy:
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeh I burn 246 in a 45 min zumba class so prob error or interference if its a cheaper hrm..
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    What brand/model? Agreed, sounds like an error/communications issue to me.
  • zoebea33
    Options
    It wasn't an expensive one, but it has the chest strap and read my heart rate really well all the way through then the cals just confused me, my average hr throughout was 140. its a pulse sonic one x
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeah sometimes the bands can be there but they can be interfered with power lines or mobile phones etc.. I remember it was what made me go for the Suunto M2 instead of the M1 because they improved the technology in the band.. Maybe hard reset enter all your settings and try again? Might have just been a little glitch..
  • zoebea33
    Options
    I'll try that thanks for the responses, might have to invest in a better one someday soon x
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    if you end up unable to figure out from the monitor what the calories were you can try this calculator using your avgHR

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • zoebea33
    Options
    if you end up unable to figure out from the monitor what the calories were you can try this calculator using your avgHR

http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm

Thanks just done it 441 thats better than 132 lol
  • Banshee265
    Banshee265 Posts: 13
    Options
    You did actually take part in the Zumba session didn't you, not just watch it? lol Just kidding chick!