Females ONLY... and no, it's not what you think!! :P

Options
I have a big problem... I've never had a baby/nursed before, and I'm only 19, but my boobs sag like nothing you would believe... They've taken alot of beatings because of my constant ups and downs with my weight, every time I lose weight I see them droop even more... It's very depressing and I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? And if you do, what do you do to disguise/fix it? I've tried push-up bras but I can't find any that fit me right (apparently 42C is not a common size)...

Thanks all, and sorry for the TMI :tongue:

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I honestly found that as I am doing more cheest exercise my chest seems to be more lifted. I'm trying to think of some off the tip of my head... but yeah if you google chest exercise you will find some good ones.

I had a saggy boob problem due to the size mostly but I have gone from a very tight DD to a D and with the chest exercise it seems to help!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My boobs always had a bit of a sag even before i had kids. Search around and find a good bra.That makes all the difference. In a good bra your boobs look more pert. Lots of shops will do a fitting and make sure you get a good bra. I've seen some fitters go round the shop and go to the fitting room laden with bra's in various sizes to get one to fit someone. You might be a 42c in one bra but it's possible you could be just aswell of with a slightly different size. I'd really reccomend you get fitted.
  • ajostraat
    ajostraat Posts: 101
    Options
    DD here.

Work your pectorals. Push-ups are a great exercise to help the sagging girls if you don't have any other equipment available to you. Otherwise, any chest exercise will help.
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Get a good support bra, even if it costs $40.00 or more, it's well worth it. Also bench presses, flies, push ups, any chest exercise will help lift. Drink lots of water. With time just like all the rest of your body, they will be lifted and firmer.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Get a bra from a store that measures you and tells you the proper size. Cacique from Lane Bryant is the only brand I will wear at the moment. They have your size. And the bras are pretty too. The bras are about 34 dollars. But they have sales often. I just got one for about 20 dollars because the whole store was half off. Sign up for their flyers so you know when the sales are.
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Swimming breast stroke is great for building the muscle that supports your breasts also try yoga the right stretches and poses will work miracles for minimum exercise time.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    i do a lot of upper body breast workouts. pushups are great!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    GET MEASURED!!! 70% of women are wearing the wrong sized bra and aren't getting the right support.

I was wearing a 34D, got measured and found out I was a 30E. (this is UK sizes, btw)
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've nursed 2 babies in my life, but I gotta say Victoria's Secret Very Sexy push-up bras rock! Very supportive and look great!
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Also sleep in a good sports bra. It will help keep them "up".
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Head to the nearest Vitoria's Secret and get fitted. They have high quality bra's and are one the only lingerie stores that will fit you personally. It is well worth spending 40 to 50 bucks on a bra that lasts a long time, washes well and puts those girls back where they belong! I've been wearing them for years. Well worth the money.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    40DDD here, was DD by age 13. Boobs sag far too low, and I like pretty & feminine bras. Lane Bryant underwire balconette bras are my fave!!! I buy them online to save $$$. Since I've been strength training I have noticed they've gotten ever so slightly perkier from the built up muscle underneath too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Go with a good, supportive bra, not a push up.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    GET MEASURED!!! 70% of women are wearing the wrong sized bra and aren't getting the right support.

I was wearing a 34D, got measured and found out I was a 30E. (this is UK sizes, btw)

This is soo true! I couldnt believe when I found out my real size what I was wearing...it was crazy. The best bra out there and its the only one I wear is Bali Satin Tracings minimizer bra. Very supportive. They run around $28 but sometimes Kohls has them for $18 :) Hope this helps!
  • Emilycaldwell420
    Emilycaldwell420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting a proper bra fitting. I had NO luck with victorias secret cuz i'm such a weird size, they didnt have a bra that fit me and kept trying to get me into one of their bras. I'm small and petite and i have larger breasts. Luckily i found a specialty bra shop where they measured me and told me i was a 30 E. VS was trying to tell me I was a 34 D or 36 C. You get 90% of your support from the band and that needs to be snug, not super tight but tighter than most people are used to wearing since the majority of women are in the wrong bra size. The shop i found revolutionized my life, seriously. They even will adjust your bras in the store whether its decreasing the band or adding a tuck here or shortening the straps. The bras are more expensive, I pay between 50-70.00 per bra but, since i care for them correctly and hand wash and drip dry (no washer or dryer!) they last more than a year and if i need anything ever adjusted, the shop does so for free. I even have a sports bra that I can wear while running and the girls are properly supported!!!! My advice is to call around and find a specialty bra shop that can order any size and will adjust your bras in store and spend time getting you fit correctly. When I buy bras, they easily spend over an hour with me getting the fit perfect on all my bras. I never knew you could wear a bra that was supportive, didnt hurt your shoulders and gave you a wonderful, lifted shape until I found this store! Also try chest flys, push ups, and chest presses. And good luck!!!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Get a good support bra, even if it costs $40.00 or more, it's well worth it. Also bench presses, flies, push ups, any chest exercise will help lift. Drink lots of water. With time just like all the rest of your body, they will be lifted and firmer.

And if you want to go really crazy, raise the back portion of the bench for incline presses. Dear God are they hard and they hurt, but they will perk you up like no one's business. Also, sneak your mom's anti aging cream. Most of that stuff it made to increase your skins elasticity, which will help it tighten and firm up as you loose weight. You gotta show yourself some love to stay pretty!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Furrytreats
    Furrytreats Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight they will only get worse and once you have children the same will happen. Some people are just that way (I was!). I spent money on some great bras to disguise the issue and then when I was done having babies and nursing I bought myself a pair of new boobs.
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Victoria's Secret when I was in college and learned so much about bras...lol. VS Very Sexy pushup is also my favorite...but that doesn't help you at all b/c they don't come in your size. We always sent people to Lane Bryant if they were above our sizes. They've always had the best bras for women who are well endowed.

I'm sure that the sagging has a lot to do with the size. Just keep working those chest presses and push ups girlie...it takes time, but you'll get the lift you want.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info ladies. It's kinda odd, because mine are also asymmetrical, so one is bigger than the other... The smaller one seems to be lifting nicely, but the bigger one still looks as flat as can be... Will they even out over time or will I always have one perky one and one droopy one? lol...