Turkey Burger Recipe

Options
codexavellum
codexavellum Posts: 112
Anyone got a good healthy Turkey Burger recipe? Don't mind if it has some spiciness :)

Replies

• ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    I found one on eatingwell.com yesterday and it looked delicious it had cheese in the middle!
  • ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/mozzarella_stuffed_turkey_burgers.html

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/spicy_turkey_burgers_with_pickled_onions.html

just go to eatingwell.com and search Turkey burgers! and the good thing with eatingwell.com is MFP has most of the recipes in their database!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    There was a great one posted in the recipe section.

I can't quite remember it but here goes.

2 to 4 garlic cloves
    1/2 to 1 cup of oats
    Shredded carrot, whatever meets the eye
    2 large eggs
    1 cup onions

Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil
    Then mix with the rest of the ingredients
    Form into 8 patties.

You could also add some green peppers or whatever peppers you like.

Season as you wish. I find a little feta cheese goes a long ways to add zest, along with pickles, lettuce, and tomatoes.

I've made this several times, it stretches the budget and lowers the calories.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I tried this one through Weight Watchers and it was good:

Turkey Burger with Chili Fries
    Your Recipe

Ingredients

6 item(s) egg white(s)
    14 small uncooked potato(es), cut into thin strips
    3/4 Tbsp Durkee ground cumin, x3
    3 tsp table salt
    1 1/2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp black pepper, x3
    3 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
    1 1/2 cup(s) onion(s), red, chopped
    3 item(s) egg, beaten
    6 Tbsp parsley, chopped
    3 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced (medium)
    1 1/2 tsp ground tarragon

Instructions

Preheat overn to 425. Coat a nonstick baking sheet and broiler rack with cooking spray. in a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg whites, cumin, salt, chili powder and peper; toss to coat. transfer to baking sheet. bake until potatoes are barely tender, about 15 minutes. meanwhile, in a large bowl lightly combine turkey, onion, egg, parsley, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper. form into 12 burgers. increase oven temperature to broil. broil fries until crispy, about 10 minutes. at the same time, broil burgers until brown, about 5 minutes on each side.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    By the way that recipe I just sent was like for 12 people, you might want to cut it down to single if it's only for you.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We add some curry powder, minced garlic and mint leaves to the ground turkey... so good!
  • Abbywan10
    Abbywan10 Posts: 1
    Options
    www.readyseteat.com BBQ Turkey Burger..it was recommended by BiggestLoser.com :smile:
  • dlwilkes1
    dlwilkes1 Posts: 1
    Options
    This recipe i use for grilling for the family:

2 llb ground turkey meat
    1 red onion chopped
    1 green pepper chopped
    1/2 cup Heniz 57 sauce
    1/2 cup Total or Special K cereal
    Other spices to taste

I havn't looked this up to see the caliore yet, because i havn't grilled since i started this program.

You mix this up, made your patties and grill, my childern didn't know it was turkey meat.
  • lclarius
    lclarius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty decent "recipe" but unfortunately i am the worst when it comes to measuring so ill put my guestamations.

- 10oz of ground lean turkey - i know its an odd amount but i will usually split the little container it comes in into 3 portions and freeze them in zip lock bags and they are usually about 10oz each.
    - 1 egg
    - 1/4 c of Fiberone bread crumb - an idea i got from hungrygirl.com - done with fiberone original in a food processor/magic bullet blend
    - 1/2 a yellow onion finally chopped or as fine as you have the patience for...
    - 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    - 1 clove of garlic minced - ill grate it on a micro-plane to get all the goodness out but you can use powder or the jarred kind if you prefer.
    - 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (fresh or the kraft reduced fat kind)
    - 1 teaspoon oregano, parsley and basil - if you have the fresh stuff go for that.
    - salt/pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. It should be a good consistency, not too dry but not super wet. If its either of those things either add more bread crumbs to dry it out a bit or more Worcestershire sauce. Form mixture into patties, it should make about 3 decent sized patties. I will usually cook them on a saute pan but you could also grill them

I think thats it sometimes i will check out the other spices i have on hand and add those. If you like spice maybe add some red pepper flakes, paprika or chili powder. I hope the recipe makes sense. Feel free to message with me questions.