Gustav

Options
I'm not sure how this would work, but I wanted to post support for the people in the path of this thing.

Gustav just been upgraded to a category 4, and it appears it will make landfall as a category 4.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200807.html#a_topad

As of right now anyway. I hope to god it gets less.

Does anyone in the path of this hurricane need anything?

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how this would work, but I wanted to post support for the people in the path of this thing.

Gustav just been upgraded to a category 4, and it appears it will make landfall as a category 4.

• frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm about 500 miles away and 700 feet above sea level from the gulf coast so other than a chance of thunderstorms, Gustav won't affect us but we have loved ones in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi. We've got the prayer chain going and have the folks down there right at the top of the list
  • Bernadette79
    Bernadette79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live in Baton Rouge, LA . The shelves at the store can not stay stocked. I am pretty much ready for the storm. Please keep me your prayers.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I live in Baton Rouge, LA . The shelves at the store can not stay stocked. I am pretty much ready for the storm. Please keep me your prayers.

You have my prayers, sweetie. :heart:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I live about 60 miles north of Lake Charles, we're leaving. Even this far inland, things were pretty devastating with Rita and we just don't want to go through that again. Days and days with no power, no food, 12 hrs inside during the storm not knowing if the nest tornado was going to take the house or not..........

Thanks for the love prayers and support
  • mello
    Options

I'm a member on the Wunderground tropical blog, talk about a great place for information!!!!
  • mello
    Options

Our shelves in Leesville are empty too!!!! Our gas stations are without gas now as well. The lines at the propane gas company are very long too.

Be safe
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i live in FL, my hubby and I had just bought our house 2 wks before the 2004 hurricanes hit we were with out power for three months, :sick: it was AWFUL!!! our yard was flooded also ( we are supposedly in a no flood zone) , luckily our house is three feet of the ground, about 4 more inches it would have been in our house. it still gives me nightmares just thinking about that.
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    "Days and days with no power, no food, 12 hrs inside during the storm not knowing if the nest tornado was going to take the house or not.........."

That sounds like the major mondo ice storm we had here in Oklahoma a couple of winters ago. We were without electricity, water, phone, propane and (:sad: ) internet for 19 days. Thank God for food we had canned from the previous summer, wood burning fireplaces, having enough wood to last and my husband's tendency stockpile things like blankets, quilts and afgahns (dang him, he's UNDERweight so he stays cold).
  • Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thoughts are with everyone in Gustav's path!!:heart:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with all of you affected by this storm!!

Hang in there!!

Hug!
    -Tam
  • alsrnbsn
    alsrnbsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Another Florida resident here.....just east of Mobile. We've been keeping an eye on both Gustav and Hanna for a while now. Not liking either of them!!!
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am in Baton Rouge, my dad lives in Morgan City which is on the coast of Louisiana and he evacuated yesterday to northern Louisiana, thank goodness!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    PRAYERS FOR ALL IN THE PATH! Hope it slows down, goes another direction, disappears!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I live about 60 miles north of Lake Charles, we're leaving. Even this far inland, things were pretty devastating with Rita and we just don't want to go through that again. Days and days with no power, no food, 12 hrs inside during the storm not knowing if the nest tornado was going to take the house or not..........

Thanks for the love prayers and support

Come to Texas you won't even see rain & you're always welcome :bigsmile:
  • elegantladyt
    Options
    I'm Tiffany from New Orleans and I was a Katrina Victim....Thankfully I'm a survivor now!! I was able to pick up and move to Atlanta but, my father rebuilt his home and now has to evacuate again. I just spoke with him and he said it took him 8 hours to go about 120 miles. 3 of those hours were spent at a rest area where people were blocking traffic. It's like living that dreadful time all over again.....glued to the t.v., calling around making sure all family and friends are safe. I pray that the levees hold up!!

May God bless the readers of this reply and please keep my family and friends in your prayers.

Tiffany
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am really concerned about this storm, I couldn't sleep at all last night. I keep thinking maybe I should go up north, but where? all hotels are booked. We were out of electricity for a week with Katrina and had damage but nothing major and they are talking up this one to be so much more!
    I usually don't get scared of hurricanes, we take advantage of a reason to have a hurricane party!! woo hoo (which we will be having tonight!!) LOL :drinker:

They are talking about really strong winds and I live in the middle of woods with huge pine and oak trees all around me! I will be staying at my sisters since she has all gas and alot less trees but I'm scared of coming home with a tree through my house! :frown:

Half of my husbands family is here in town since they had to evacuate from where they live on Louisianas coast and my dad had to evacuate on Friday.
    I hope it slows down and doesn't have as much wind as they are saying. I can handle the rain, its the wind that scares me!
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Thinking of all of you in the path of the storm.

Stay safe and take care of yourselves and those around you.:heart:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    We are 17 miles from the Louisiana border. The hotels here were already full as of Friday. They say it is the rain and possible tornados that we will have to watch out for here. I will be checking out the storm shelter and get it ready a little later today just in case we need to get in it.
  • doglvr_75
    doglvr_75 Posts: 144
    Options
    About 190 miles north of the Mississippi gulfcoast here....the hotels here are full with evacuees...we're praying for everyone's safety and preparing our storm shelter as we may get bad storms and tornadoes here, too...Katrina left the area without power for 2 weeks...cell phones and weather scanner batteries are charging.....