I'm going to count this as a success!

liveinbliss
liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Feeling pleased with myself today...I am hosting a dessert and cocktail fundraiser this weekend for our family's Relay for LIfe team. I have been baking non-stop for the last week. 100 lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream fosting , 100 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting, chocolate cordial cups with chocolate mousse, white chocolate cordial cups with white chocolate mousse, mini chocolate cheesecakes with thin mint cookie crust and mini traditional cheesecakes with graham cracker crust! Yummy...all stuff that in the past would cause a lot of bowl and spoon licking, not to mention just noshing on it because it was there. I am happy to say that this week I have had one mini chocolate cheesecake and one mini traditional cheesecake ( they were new recipe so I needed to try them before serving :wink: ) Hopefully party will go off without a hitch and raise lots of money and then I will be a really happy girl!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    That is huge success. Good for you.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Yay! Congratulations on resisting all that amazing temptation. That's a huge mental victory.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    very proud of your self control. -and proud of you for giving selflessly to the ACS.
    I hope your event is a smashing success.
  • WOW!!! That is great that you were able to control yourself while baking all of that. I am proud of you and hope the party is a success.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    That is an awesome accomplishment, so proud of you!
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    wow, good for you, cup cakes are always trying to tell me to eat them
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    wow, good for you, cup cakes are always trying to tell me to eat them

I know I can practically hear them calling my name right now! Since people are horrible ar RSVPing I keep telling myself I need everyone of those cupcakes for tomorrow so no more tasting :noway:
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    That is amazing self control - WELL DONE!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!