HRM - stupid question?? (sorry in advance)

Options
Are there any HRMs that DO NOT require you to wear a chest strap??? With my "heavy duty" sports bra, I don't think I could bear to have anything else strapped around my chest, even though I am quite interested in an HRM.
Thanks

Replies

• TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    you don't even notice its there! The strap that is. I usually forget its on until I take it off again!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Polar actually sells sports bras with electrodes in them... Just an idea :)
  • SeeTurtle22
    Options
    I use a MIO and love it. No strap required!
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    There are ones without a chest strap, but I've always heard not to get them because they are not as accurate.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    HRM without the strap are not as accurate. I don't wear the whole strap. I just tuck the electrode part in my sports bra under my boobs. It's so tight that it stays there just fine and I don't have to deal with the annoying strap.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yes, but they are not as accurate.
    Trust me, you don't even know it is there!! I wear a reg bra and a sport bra when working out and I don't even notice.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    oooh I didn't know that you could get a sports bra one! That's awesome LOL like most people say, the chest strap you almost forget about it being there... I put mine on then the sports bra over, and you can't tell and it doesn't bother me! And I agree a HRM that doesn't have a chest strap isn't as accurate
  • khicks91011
    khicks91011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh i totally get where your coming from about the heavy duty sports bra, however i do use the new balance HRM that does have a strap that sells for $69 at target, i love it!!! its accurate and very comfortable. I do not feel restricted or binded in anyway and usually forget its even there!!! i have seen some others that look like torture traps but i can tell you that the newbalance N4 i think is the number, is wonderfully comfortable :)
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a ProForm HRM and you can't even feel the strap! I worried about it as well, but now that I tried it...it's nothing! I got mine at Walmart for $45.00
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    not only are they not accurate on a single reading, but they also require you to take a reading with your fingers very often in order to track your heart rate throughout your exercise, if you are doing something like jogging on the treadmill this can even become dangerous if you lose your balance as it can take a few seconds to get a heart rate
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    A great question with lots of great answers... I will keep this to check out when I get ready to buy one! Thanks for asking!
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've got the Polar FT7 and love it, and the chest strap is very comfortable. I totally forget it's there after a minute or two, and usually don't remember to take it off until I'm getting a shower after my workout!! :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My oldest runs with a super-dooper-tank like sport bra. She manages to strap that sucker on and it works.So don't be afraid of it! I tuck mine under the bra strap for some styles. Strap on first, then bra. I don't feel it once its set.
  • Cordy_in_CT
    Cordy_in_CT Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! :blushing: