Wedding Bands....

Options

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to think of things he always says.....
    "It's worth fighting for." (reference to us getting married)
    "I can't wait to be your husband"

Stuff like that........too blah?!?!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I had "forever yours" engraved on a ring that my ex wore years ago. I am actually kind of bummed because it's nice but I couldn't use that for my current boyfriend one day....not that he knows, but it just feels icky to do so. But you don't know my ex, you could use it!

I also love this quote, "To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world". I am sure that is too long for the rings, but I figured I'd share.
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are planning on getting something engraved in ours, and a couple things come to mind, fairly simple:

"I'm Yours"

or

"Heart, Body & Soul - I'm Yours"

or something along those lines.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Now & Always
    (sheesh, sounds like a candy bar?:noway: )

HA! No that is Now & Later.....which....can be TOTALLY inappropriate if I am left to imagine....which I do.

Finally... now we're in the gutter... ahhh that feels much better.... waves the sparkle kilt around my head a few times :tongue: :devil: :laugh: :blushing:

Don't know why, but Ezzie and I never really even thought about an engraving... guess we figured that simply looking at the ring does the job for us both (and all the other wild n crazies out there).
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    My husband has a titanium band and I went to look at it to because I couldn't remember what I put :embarassed: . I had inscribed "I Love You Always" with the wedding date and then my name. He also has a work band because the titanium was dangerous to wear when he worked in the oilfeild and now it is to big and you know you can't get them sized :ohwell: . So it is on his key ring and he wears his cheap wal-mart band so I guess I should get it inscribed. Good luck! Just put what is on your heart and expresses your love and relationship the best!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    He also has a work band because the titanium was dangerous to wear when he worked in the oilfeild and now it is to big and you know you can't get them sized :ohwell: .

Well crap....they said it could be sized
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nope, not Titanium -- that's why we decided to opt for white gold, because we were told Titanium is too hard and cannot be resized.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I got mine off line...so for all I know I paid for titanium and got stainless steal
    :grumble:

Memo to me.....never again
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If found, return to (insert name)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

too funny! :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

And along those lines...inside of his put "If you can read this you're in big trouble!" That was in one of those internet jokes that went around awhile ago...the man told his wife he would never take off his wedding ring...so that's what she had engraved in it...

Seriously though, it sounds like you're already doing a lot of the planning for the wedding by yourself, so I'm just throwing this idea out there...what if you don't get anything engraved in the rings and then on your first anniversary, when you've both decided what quote or phrase means the most to you and relates best to your marriage, get them engraved together...and then go eat the top layer of your wedding cake...and DON'T count the calories lol
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    He also has a work band because the titanium was dangerous to wear when he worked in the oilfeild and now it is to big and you know you can't get them sized :ohwell: .

I can't believe they told you that!! Yeah they are dangerous in certain work areas because they are very difficult to cut off due to the strenght of the metal. When I bought my husbands they said if it didn't fit to bring it back and they would order a smaller size. But it fit at the time and now it is to late to take it back since some how his fingers slimmed up. So I am pretty positive you can't size them, thats what they told me...but that was six years ago..maybe things have changed???
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to think of things he always says.....
    "It's worth fighting for." (reference to us getting married)

I think that is beautiful-so personal about your Love Story!

My boyfriend and I have talked about "El Sol, La Luna, y Las Estrellas," (the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars) because it is something that say to each other-our little inside thing, you know?
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

HAHA! I love that!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I can't believe they told you that!! Yeah they are dangerous in certain work areas because they are very difficult to cut off due to the strenght of the metal. When I bought my husbands they said if it didn't fit to bring it back and they would order a smaller size. But it fit at the time and now it is to late to take it back since some how his fingers slimmed up. So I am pretty positive you can't size them, thats what they told me...but that was six years ago..maybe things have changed???

Not so sure things have changed that much.
    I am seriously just pissed off at their entire site, customer service you name it.
    They suck.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

And along those lines...inside of his put "If you can read this you're in big trouble!" That was in one of those internet jokes that went around awhile ago...the man told his wife he would never take off his wedding ring...so that's what she had engraved in it...

Seriously though, it sounds like you're already doing a lot of the planning for the wedding by yourself, so I'm just throwing this idea out there...what if you don't get anything engraved in the rings and then on your first anniversary, when you've both decided what quote or phrase means the most to you and relates best to your marriage, get them engraved together...and then go eat the top layer of your wedding cake...and DON'T count the calories lol

I am actually not planning much of a wedding anymore....
    Due to the deployment and all....it's looking like a courthouse wedding.
    My family is a bit bummed, but..... I don't know..I am not that flashy of a person.
    Also, neither of us are HUGE cake people...so we probably won't even have a cake.
  • lisabeavers
    Options
    how about...... my heart, your hand, forever
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    how about...... my heart, your hand, forever

Ohhh that one is nice too.

I guess I just didn't think i'd be left figuring it out....
    You know war....realistic attitude.....it's hard to see forever these days.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Reviving this again....
    Still workin on finding just the right fit.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options