Determined this time...

Options
Arachne
Arachne Posts: 17 Member
My story runs as follows:

Before my wedding in 2006 I began working out constantly, not really monitoring my food intake... so needless to say I was still much larger than I wanted to be on my wedding day. A few months after the wedding, my husband and I bought a fixer-upper house and I spent all my extra time working on the house and my job was really stressful. I ended up losing somewhere around 50 pounds during this time and was happier with my body than I had ever been. I was able to keep this off for quite awhile, until I got a new job and the house was done then I got lazy. The pounds started creeping back slowly but surely. My husband joined the Army in 2009 and I knew he would come home from BCT with a rocking body so I committed to working out and losing weight, well I didn't really lose much weight but I definitely didn't gain. From there I moved to Florida with my husband and things just went to crap. I wasn't working, I was lonely (husbands days were excessively long) and a bit depressed. This led to sitting around all day being lazy and feeling sorry for myself. By the time my husband graduated his school, I was at my heaviest and completely miserable with my body. Now we are here at Ft. Carson, CO and my husband and I both need to lose some weight and get in better shape. My husband is doing great and I was still being lazy (broke my wrist so it was my excuse).

It all came to head last Saturday night. I went out to a Girls Night Out with several other ladies, and there were pictures taken and seeing those pictures and feeling so uncomfortable dancing just broke me down. I committed this past Monday to finally completely taking control and doing this! I want my husband and I to get some professional pictures before he leaves for deployment in about a year, and I would really love to get some 'sexy' pictures to send him with.

So here I am... counting calories religiously, changing my daily habits and changing my alcohol habits on the weekends. Most importantly... we went to a nutritionist and were given supplement suggestions. Since Monday I have lost a solid 2 pounds. I WILL SUCCEED!

Replies

• chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    Congrats! Stick to it!
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    congratulations! You've made the important first steps. The community here is great, lots of support and lots of information to learn. :)

Welcome!
  • TeaRex268
    TeaRex268 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done you! You seem to have the right mindset to suceed this time, good luck xx
  • scooter76
    scooter76 Posts: 12
    Options
    Good for you...keep up the good work!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    welcome ! we're here to help!! good luck
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I got of the military 2 years ago, and I am the heaviest I have ever been. We can all do it together. Congratulations!!!
  • penny5
    penny5 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pics are what did it for me too, along with pre diabeties. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate eachother :) Welcome aboard!!!
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • cappleg8
    cappleg8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! This is the most awesome place to help you in the world!!! Make sure you measure and log. You are embarking on a journey that will help you make life long changes. Good Luck!!!
  • snowness
    snowness Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! This site is awesome as are the people here!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, it takes a bit of falling down first to get back up and really commit. I've lost and gained quite a lot in the last several years. This time is it! Best of luck to you!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • g77kim
    g77kim Posts: 2
    Options
    That is awesome! See you are making some life style changes that will affect you long term!! I know you can do it! You just had to have the little push to start it. I know I did. I'm soo happy for you!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!