OMG,,I thik I hit a plateua but its so early in the game.,he

proverbs31chick
proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm 19lbs into my weight loss journey, I started at 229 and my goal is 140, I know plateua's happen, but I thought it might be around my last 40 or 30 lbs. My food has been fine, I have been eathing healthy and drinking 80 ounces of water a day. I have been at 210 for almost 2 weeks, this morning the scale said 209.6. I have been doing the treadmill level 10 at 3.6 intervals and the bike level 6 keep my speed above 90mph (random) I did do the 30 day shred, should I switch up the 30 day shred and cardio, like one day the dvd and the other go to the gym...I know people say don't watch the scale, but it has to go down eventually.

Replies

• jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Step it up a bit - with exercise and eating right. Most fitness experts claim plateaus are a myth...your body just loses what it can at the level you're at and now it's time to step it up.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    I think I'm in your boat. Gotta go weigh in tomorrow, and I don't want to because I think I hit a plateau.

I read that eventually your body gets acclimated to the food, exercise and deficiency. So I'm switching things up. Like my breakfast (more protein) and now I have to exercise for 80 minutes instead of 50-60. Hopefully that helps for next weeks weigh in.

I can't afford a plateau, a few of my goals rely on me reaching goal weight. :ohwell:

Well good luck! Try switching up your food and exercise....

Good article:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
  • Shine004
    Shine004 Posts: 32 Member
    Just Keep up that hard work and I believe it will look better next weigh in. Congrats on the 19 lbs weight loss. That has got to feel great in itself.
  • Nenachaos
    Nenachaos Posts: 13
    Try the jillian michaels yoga melt down and do the full hour in the Morning and do the 30 day shred level one In the evening ... I had also hit a plateau and that seemed to do the trick. I also recently got her banish fat boost metabolism and it has seemed to help it kicks your butt I lost 6.8 llbs in a week just by adding the yoga to my 30 day shred. Also whey protein helps ALOT .......3 whey protein shakes a day and cut your carbs down by 1/3 Good luck
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Technically, 2 weeks is not yet a plateau.

Have you recalculated your goals lately? If you've lost 19 pounds, you should. Your BMR has gone down and you are also overestimating your exercise calories a bit if MFP is calculating those for you (you are moving less mass these days so the effort is less).
This discussion has been closed.