Help ME?!

Options
Okay so I had a small piece of caramel cake and I found a reciepe of what it's components are but it says 1 servings. How do I figure out how much is one serving? I did weight the slice I had. It was 91g but I really am hoping that isn't 1 serving. Anyone?

This is the nutrition....

1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 27g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Here is the nutrition info with the exact same ingrediants!

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 186

Total Fat: 6.7g
Cholesterol: 43mg
Sodium: 180mg
Total Carbs: 29.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
Protein: 2.5g

This sucks! :grumble:

Replies

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Okay so I had a small piece of caramel cake and I found a reciepe of what it's components are but it says 1 servings. How do I figure out how much is one serving? I did weight the slice I had. It was 91g but I really am hoping that isn't 1 serving. Anyone?

This is the nutrition....

1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 27g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Here is the nutrition info with the exact same ingrediants!

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 186

Total Fat: 6.7g
    Cholesterol: 43mg
    Sodium: 180mg
    Total Carbs: 29.1g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.3g
    Protein: 2.5g

This sucks! :grumble:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There's no way to tell without them telling you what the serving size is--sorry.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    That's what I thought. Gah I love this stuff. So I'ma have to actually make it myself from now on.

Thanks! :indifferent:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea what fraction of the cake you ate?? Then you might be able to figure out either the info for an entire cake and figure your portion,( from a recipe?) Or maybe try working back from the WW 2 1/2 choices ( about how many calories would that be?). I hope one of these makes some sense...I'll see what else I can find...( sometimes ya just gotta SWAG it...[Scientific Wild *kitten* Guess]!!):glasses:
    Ez

OK...checking Spark recipes I found cakes varied from 8 to 12 servings generally...so guess you're back to the drawing board on that line of thought.( one was 28, person said she always cuts her bundt cakes into really tiny pieces...) Guess I'd try to figure in my own head about what I thought it might be worth calorie wise....compare to a cake you KNOW maybe....oh well hope the rambling helped:smile:
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    i tried doin it the "swag" way... we only got half of a cake.. and my mom, and son and a friend already ate majority of it.. so compared to them i only had alil but like i said it was 91g and i weighted my moms and hers was 168g. so i don't know.. gah i just logged it and one day isn't goin to hurt if i am way off.. i hate cookin so i'ma have to bake it if i want some..

thanks though! :flowerforyou:
  • conniptionfits
    Options
    thats my problem WITH EVERYTHING specially the way my family cooks lol good luck :D
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Yeah... the whole "serving size" thing has really become something that we try to watch. But when the manufacturers are allowed to play games with those numbers (for those of us in the gool ol US of A) it can be frustrating. So we DO try to figure out just how much a "serving" really is, and use that. Which means that sometimes we do hafta use the SWAG method. But ya know what? That probably does get ya close. :flowerforyou:
    Oh... and conip, I so totally relate! I was brought up "Southern", which means that you cook for everybody that might show up, plus have leftovers as well. Ezzie still sometimes has to "remind" me that we don't really eat that way anymore. So it's atransition, but it can be done! Tonight I was gona grill three monster chicken breasts (if chicken have breasts, why don't hey have nipples? :laugh: :bigsmile: :wink: ) but she showed me that two would be more than enough for us. Sonofagun, of course she was right *giggle*