good books?

Options
2»

Replies

• kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I agree with "Cold Comfort Farm" by Stella Gibbons and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I'm a fan of Tana French's "In the Woods", "The Likeness", and "Faithful Place". Also, "Swing" and "Where the Truth Lies" by Rupert Holmes. Happy Reading!

I also have read and loved all of Tana French's books. Apparently there is another coming out in August......

I love this thread, I have my amazon wishlist open as I read it and am adding loads to it to remind me later.

Thanks!
  • msbailey2009
    Options
    If you liked Time Traveller's Wife, her other book (Her Fearful Symmetry) is equally impossible to put down.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Something Borrowed - just read that.
    Timeless - like Time Traveler's Wife
    The Percy Jackson Series
    The Red Pyramid Series
    Of course, the Twilight Series
    Evernight, Hourglass, Afterlife - The Evernight series.
    Nicholas Sparks books.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions. : )
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]

Have you been following the mess around Greg Mortenson? About the fraud in Three Cups of Tea and the gross misappropriation and misuse of funds collected by his charity, etc.?

Sorry to derail the thread, but that mess is getting bigger by the day! Hope you never sent that jerk any money. :(

And for Margaret Atwood books, my faves are The Blind Assassin and Alias Grace.
    [/quote]

OMG no, my best friend's grandma gave it to me because nobody in her family reads...it's like the bible, very good STORY lol
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is a great topic.

I second several of the ones already posted.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I remembered the book I just finished. Shadow Wife by Diane Chamberlain. It was interesting.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The Help by Kathryn Stockett is an awesome book.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I found a new paranormal book this weekend. I can't put it down. It's called Die for Me. Catchy title. LOL