I need some motivation PLS

Options
I have been losing continuously for about 3 months and then plateaued. My in-laws were visiting for a month and I was so busy with them I stopped logging in my food, but I was still eating good and exercising. But in the past week, I'm getting cravings for sweets, carbs (bread mostly) and what not. I'm still doing good with exercising, but I am falling off track with my food it seems.

I was going to do calorie cycling, but I can't make myself to sit down and log in my food. :(

My weight is stable, I'm not gaining any, in fact it seems that I lost some inches, too. But I have a feeling that I'm on the verge of going back to unhealthy lifestyle.

Replies

• RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You have to make time for you! Consider your food logging as YOU time.

Thats what I have to do.

You have done so well dont give up now!
  • santos0719
    santos0719 Posts: 1
    Options
    remind yourself of what motivated you to lose weight in the first place! You are strong person, take 2 hours out of the day for YOU time and get on the bike, and start peddling. Dont be moved by your emotions, but by your goals! :) God Bless you!
  • ChristineShowers
    Options
    We all plateau at one point. It's good that your losing inches. Your activity level may have diminished to sedentary or a lower level than what you have it set at. Evaluate that and see if that doesn't help. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep. Sometimes we crave carbs because we aren't getting enough sleep. I find that taking supplements like Magnesium help with the sweets/chocolate craving. Keep up the hard work. You've come so far. Remember what it was like when you were carrying that extra weight on you. It hurt! So keep it up and don't give up!!

7176777.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Is it you "TOM"....that causes weight gain (water weight) and some SERIOUS cravings in my world. You can do this - make time for you, you're worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Donna
  • ellehcar83
    ellehcar83 Posts: 13
    Options
    It's hard to stay motivated and not get thrown off by life's distractions. We just need to stop ourselves and look at why we joined and started this in the first place. Sometimes you have to put yourself first and do what you know is going to help in the long run. For the sweet cravings, one thing I enjoy is Extra Dessert Flavored gum, they have key lime pie, strawberry shortcake and my favorite chocolate chip mint ice cream. It's delicious and a nice refreshment for those high calorie cravings. Good luck!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The first thing I do every morning is come down stairs, make myself a cup of hot tea, and log on to MFP and look at any recent success stories. It makes my whole day seem like "I can do this too!". Just give it a try and see if it motivates you.