Options
Hi... I've been on here for about two weeks. I have recently been diagnosed with Type II Diabeties, so this is great way for me to keep track of my carbs and my weight. This isn't a diet for me but a life change (to which I have to keep telling myself). And frankly, it has been difficult to say the least. I hope to find people who are having similar issue and get and give support. Get ideas and give them. I look forward to talking with all

Replies

• bpatti
    bpatti Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Michelle, My name is Patti. I have had Type 2-Diabetes for over ten years. For me the most important ways to control my diabetes is diet and exercise. I am 64 years of age and I exercise at least 4 times a week..and that helps. I like the fitnesspal because it does keep you on track. Since I have been controlling my diet my A1C stays around 5.8, when I don't control my diet and exercise my A1C will jump over 6.2, and for me and my doctor that is not good. I wish you well on your life change and believe me you will find what works for your body and what does not. It took me a while to find out. My husband and I are retired and we love to go out and eat..but, now I save eating out on end-weeks only and that helps me. I hope to hear how you are doing.
  • kaitlinhunter
    Options
    Hey guys! im new and ready to work it!
  • michelleyingling13
    Options
    Thanks Patti. I know I will find my stride, but it's getting there that is tough. I know I need to do this, but after 45 years (tomorrow) it's hard to change. But thankfully I have a wonderful husband who is SOOOO supportive and reminds me every day why I am doing this. Best of luck to you too. :happy:
  • bpatti
    bpatti Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey Michelle, If you need any support with your diet or diabetes let me know. I hope you will keep in touch.