Howdy, I'm new here and hoping to lose college weight lol

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site and I'm hoping to lose all the weight I have gained from going to school the past 3 years. Its time to step away from the desk and start being active again. But where do you start? When it all seems kinda hopeless cause the motivation is long out the window lol. I'm looking forward to meeting new people who have the same "problem" with losing weight and getting the motivation to get my butt outta the house. Also, looking forward to sharing ideas and tips with fellow friends. Good Luck everyone, and look forward to meeting you all.

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great site! As for motivation, find a fun group class that you can do, or jsut start walking once weight starts coming off you will get to your motivation quickly!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm currently in college and trying to do this weight-loss thing at the same time. Thankfully school is out right now so I can put my full attention on this. Basically you just have to feel crappy enough about yourself to do something about it. That's awful, but it's true. If you like the way you are right now, you're not ready for a change. Also, you have, have, HAVE to get a large support system. If you know people are counting on you, you'll get your *kitten* off the couch and do it; otherwise, you'll just give up. Feel free to add me, I'm a great motivator (or so I'm told by my 128 friends hehe :) )
  • pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. If you can afford it I would suggest joining a gym and getting involved in some of the group fitness classes or at least have an appointment with a personal trainer. The group and the trainer will expect you to be at the gym and will wonder why you did not show up. Do not worry they all should be nice. It the Anytime fitness my wife and I go to a few of the Fitness instructors were in our situation a few years ago so do not believe that everyone was born skinny. Good Luck
  • hempelsa
    hempelsa Posts: 11
    Options
    I was in your shoes last fall after finishing undergrad--I had a Bachelor's degree and an extra 35 pounds to show for four years of education. One of my best friends asked me to stand up in her wedding the following summer, so I got my butt in gear and dropped 25 pounds using MFP. Two weeks after her wedding, I found out I was pregnant. My daughter was born about 3 months ago, so here I am back where I started over a year ago. The good news is that I've done it before, so I know I can do it again (though baby weight is seeming to be more stubborn than pizza/beer weight from college...). You CAN do it. Be diligent. It's summer, so it's a great time to get active without forcing yourself to do regimented exercise. Go play outside! =)