Smoothie/shakes Receipes?

Options
eve7166
eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
:drinker: I want something fast and easy I can make in the morning ..but dont want to have to sacrifice a bunch of calories for it....anyone have any good recipes?

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    frozen strawberries 1.5 cups.
    1/2 scoop protein powder. ( i use eas cause I like the vanilla) any more than 1/2 scoop it gets gritty
    ice
    water!
    150ish calories
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    Options
    1 CUP OF FROZEN FRUIT (I like the mixed berries from walmart)
    1/2 cup low fat Vanilla or Plain yogurt
    1/2 cup of water
    a few ice cubes
    140 cal and makes about 20 ounces

can add a banana for an extra 100 calories :)
  • Dancinblind
    Dancinblind Posts: 26
    Options
    I like using frozen blueberries, greek yogurt, a little honey to sweeten it (the greek yogurt can be sour if not used to it) a tablespoon of flax seed and a little skim milk. I substitue various frozen fruits depending on the mood.
  • kacibullis
    kacibullis Posts: 3
    Options
    I mix a handful of frozen strawberries with a packet of crystal light and 1/2 cup of water in the blender. It tastes like a strawberry surfrider smoothie from Jamba Juice, but with almost no calories!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I mix a handful of frozen strawberries with a packet of crystal light and 1/2 cup of water in the blender. It tastes like a strawberry surfrider smoothie from Jamba Juice, but with almost no calories!

sounds interesting...
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. gotta stock up on some frozen berries! :)
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love "green" smoothies. SO delicious! And very healthy! You take a couple handfuls of spinach, add any not-too-strongly-flavored vegetables you want (shredded carrots, kale, etc.), and then add fruit! Strawberries and blueberries. Strawberries and bananas. Whatever you want! Add a little water (you can even add fat free vanilla yogurt or sugar free applesauce if you want to). Blend it up! Make sure there is enough water for the blender to actually spin.

It comes out a terrible green color - but it is SO delicious. It's a great, great, great way to get veggies in. It doesn't taste like vegetables though. It taste like whichever fruit you've added.

Google "green smoothies."
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I freeze almond milk in an ice cube tray and use it for smoothies.

6 cubes of Almond Milk
    1 cup of Pineapple (or strawberries or go half/half)
    1/4 cup yogurt
    1 Banana

Blend 'er up! Add more yogurt if you want. Depends on how thick of a shake you like ^_^
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I freeze almond milk in an ice cube tray and use it for smoothies.

That is a great idea. I think I will try the same with my greek yogurt.
  • traveler0623
    traveler0623 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup frozen fruit - I use Dole Mixed Fruit blend, but you could just use peaches...up to you!
    1 banana
    2 generous handfuls of spinach

Only about 160 calories

It will come out green, but you can't taste the spinach at all :smile:
  • steppy3023
    steppy3023 Posts: 2
    Options
    i like ur little Jesus quote! I put it on my facebook page i enjoyed it so much!! Thanks
  • chrrylpstck
    Options
    1 c. Greek yogurt any flavor (It's high in protein and tastes better than protein powder, but it can be a little sour/bitter by itself)
    1 c. frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. I like buying the ones that are already sliced, they blend better)
    1 medium banana
    a splash of orange juice
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    1197451n6s3x88q96.gif