WHAT!? WHAT? Oh no they didn't!

Options
jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
So, I went into Goodwill yesterday to see if they had some kind of furniture to fit my shoe fetish (he he!) Couldn't find anything, so as I was about to leave I passed the jeans/pants roundabout and say, hmmmm, let's see what they have there. :ohwell:
So I found a couple of DKNY, Banana Republic, Gap and some other great pants. I grabbed a 9/10, a couple of 8's (which I've been fitting in) and for shiggiggles a couple of 6's! hahaha, :laugh: :laugh: yeah right!
I try on the 9/10's. Good. I try on the 8's. Good. I grab the 6's thinking this is too funny that I even have them in my possession. WHAT? :happy: :happy: hahaha! They actually fit! (the Gap 6's were straight/stretch and skin tight) and the other ones fit? I was crackin up:laugh: in the fitting room, did a little dance! BUT, didn't buy them. There was something a little weird about each one, that didn't make me buy them, but I didn't care! THEY FIT! :laugh: YEAH ME!
But then there is the part of me in the fitting room, saying "what the heck is going on with these sizes? No wonder girls are so desperate to fit into size 0's. Cause 6/8's are huge! hmmmmmm?
But whatever! I love the 6's I tried on! haha

Replies

• jenbar
    Options
    So, I went into Goodwill yesterday to see if they had some kind of furniture to fit my shoe fetish (he he!) Couldn't find anything, so as I was about to leave I passed the jeans/pants roundabout and say, hmmmm, let's see what they have there. :ohwell:
    So I found a couple of DKNY, Banana Republic, Gap and some other great pants. I grabbed a 9/10, a couple of 8's (which I've been fitting in) and for shiggiggles a couple of 6's! hahaha, :laugh: :laugh: yeah right!
    I try on the 9/10's. Good. I try on the 8's. Good. I grab the 6's thinking this is too funny that I even have them in my possession. WHAT? :happy: :happy: hahaha! They actually fit! (the Gap 6's were straight/stretch and skin tight) and the other ones fit? I was crackin up:laugh: in the fitting room, did a little dance! BUT, didn't buy them. There was something a little weird about each one, that didn't make me buy them, but I didn't care! THEY FIT! :laugh: YEAH ME!
    But then there is the part of me in the fitting room, saying "what the heck is going on with these sizes? No wonder girls are so desperate to fit into size 0's. Cause 6/8's are huge! hmmmmmm?
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    That's amazing! It's got to feel good to get into those - it means what you're doing is paying off! Way to go!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My goal is to fit into a size 6 comfortably. Oh, I can almost taste it! Congrats!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    YAY HONEY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love those 6's girl:love:
  • jenbar
    Options
    I still can't believe it. I'm NOT a 6. Really I'm not. My waist is still around 35, hip is 38. So I'm no where near a "normal" size 6. I think those pants ran big. I'm an occasional 8, but mostly 10's. So those sixes were a freak of nature! Exciting though! It's a great pick me up!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Thats so great. My goal is also to be down to a 6 or 8. I cant wait. Gap often runs a little smaller then most brands so maybe you are just really to a 6 now.
  • pros696
    Options
    Not sure how you figure out what size you need...women sizes confuse the heck out of me. Although seeing those low numbers on guys jeans would make me feel great lol...I wear a size 6 (as opposed to 38) haha
  • pros696
    Options
    Oh and congratulations btw
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have always said if a company sized their clothes one size down, then they couldnt keep enough stock!

I was at a retailer a few weeks ago and the sales girl brought me a 10. I LOL and told my friend...look whos she kidding. (kinda like tellin me i dont look like i have 3 grown children, yes I do and i am proud to have survived it!)

Anyway...I tried them on and they fit-perfectly. I stood there dumbfounded.

I bought 3 pairs in every color they had in stock.

I got home and laughed, that sales gal was one smart cookie (oh, now i want a darn cookie!)

Congrats! size 9/10 is a great acheivement! :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Woooo, go Jen go! Work those 6's!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I’m glad to know that I am not the only one that dances laughs out loud alone in the dressing room. I know the people around me are wondering what is going on in there with me. hehehe
    I have laughed and danced when I fit into a new smaller size and I have laughed out loud many times at the way things are sized.
    There was this little boutique here in town that I liked to shop at from time to time. I couldn’t buy much there….it was way too expensive. (they are gone now….they priced themselves out of business) Every now and then I would get a new piece from there though….at Christmas I 2 new things from there….it was Christmas LOL. Anyway…I was there looking for jeans. Long story short….the sales lady ended up bring me a size 4. (I wear a size 8) I thought no way….but since I had them in there with me I tried them on. Guess what….they were too big! A size 4 was Too Big. LOL I didn’t buy them but I did have a good giggle out of it.
    Another time I was in a bridal store because I needed a white formal for something TOPS does. Well….they brought in a dress. They first had to get me into the slip. The girl got it zipped up and I told her it was too tight. She told me it is suppose to be tight. I told here no you don’t understand it is too tight I am going to throw up. It was a size 2 :noway: .…she had also brought in a size 2 dress for me to try on. No Way! My dress was a size 12. LOL
    I will never understand the way these places come up with how they size clothes.
    Congratulations on the weight loss! Keep the good work.
    LoJo :flowerforyou:

BTW….I am a shoe-aoholic…I love shoes….shoes make me happy LOL
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    HONEY I am soo happy. That is great !!! It made your day be proud and go back and BUY THEM!!!!!
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OMG love it! That is so awesome! I still look at your pics and feel completely motivated to get off my computer and workout so I can look as hot as you do girlie! :happy:
    You've come along ways and you deserve to sit in that dressing room and laugh at the pathetic designers sick idea of sizing women! LOL! :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you figure out what size you need...women sizes confuse the heck out of me. Although seeing those low numbers on guys jeans would make me feel great lol...I wear a size 6 (as opposed to 38) haha

Yeah... and now guys clothing is doing the same thing! :grumble: Time used ta be when I could walk in to *any* store across the land, and *any* article of clothing was the same size, regardless of brand. Ahhhhh... for the good old days. I actually 3 different pants in my closet, all waist size 42 (yah, I really AM obese, but working on it, thanx to MFP and all of you!), and one of the is too tight, one fits me, and one is waaaay too loose? :huh: Arrrgggg... so I don't even know what size I am anymore! :angry: And the same story for inseam as for waist... :grumble:
    But you go Jen, you keep on rocking! That's abso fabtastic! (I like this term I just coined fabtastic = fabulous + fantastic! Kinda like all the smoking hawties in here!) :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • wendyk523
    Options
  • wendyk523
    Options
    I Actually called my Mom when I went into the fitting room and put on a 6 and it was too big. I was waiting for the sales person to bring me a 4 and I called my Mom on my cell phone because I had to tell someone right then!!!

The last pair I bought in that store was a 14!!!

Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!