Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - December 13

Options
Good morning! How is everyone today? Hopefully feeling some recent exercise that you engaged in! :tongue:

Yesterday I just did a few minutes here and there of lots of things - pushing a double stroller with one hand & pulling a shopping cart with the other while I was at Safeway, I made a number of trips out to our dog run in snow that was up over the top of my boots, I did some extra trips up and down stairs doing a variety of different things... Not exactly the exercise I would have liked to have gotten in but it was something. Anyway, I'll see what I can accomplish tonight.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! How is everyone today? Hopefully feeling some recent exercise that you engaged in! :tongue:

Yesterday I just did a few minutes here and there of lots of things - pushing a double stroller with one hand & pulling a shopping cart with the other while I was at Safeway, I made a number of trips out to our dog run in snow that was up over the top of my boots, I did some extra trips up and down stairs doing a variety of different things... Not exactly the exercise I would have liked to have gotten in but it was something. Anyway, I'll see what I can accomplish tonight.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I am feeling exercise from yesterday. I'm not as sore as I was last week, since the class was slightly easier. It was 70 minute strength training and 30 minute walk.

Could it also be that this class was in the morning? So, I had time to work it all out? Anyone have an opinion on that?

Today is walking between gift wrapping sessions. I run a fundraiser for a local animal shelter, and it begins today. I'll have a break between 4-8 (I hope) to walk around the lake and eat dinner.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I started this week on my new schedule that fits in 2 nights of cardio between strength training per 7 days (3 str, 1 cardio, 3 str,...). Already blew it yesterday by not doing _anything_, but I did have to shovel for an hour or so, and according to Calorie King, that burned more than the treadmill OR the strenght training would have.

Still, for the past 2 days, I've slipped badly on my food as well. Even with the shoveling I was still 1000 calories over. I'm getting back on track today before I start gaining more than half a pound that I have. That would really piss me off.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any exercise in last night. I worked really late and then my husband and I took our Christmas photos and I got those all put together. So, it was not a good fitness evening. I'm working late again tonight, but I'm planning on going to the gym later this evening. Our new gym is opening, and they were supposed to have a spinning class this evening, but it was canceled until next Monday. So, Monday I will try that and tonight I will just do some hard core cardio and some weights. That's the plan. I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    *Kistinbee*
  • yuna2003
    yuna2003 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Everybody and Good Morning:flowerforyou:
    havent exercised much lately:embarassed: but im getting back on track! walkled day before yesterday 40 min and yesterday went shopping for almost 6 hours!! i hope that counts for something i really do!
    and on top of that i have not been going over my calories at all :bigsmile: so i guess im still hanging in there:drinker:

Best of luck everyone and keep it up!! p.s. i lost 8 Lbs!!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Workouts are paying off, shaved a couple minutes off my trail run; haven't done it in about two weeks. Only draw back is now I have to start doing more mileage since I'm not out there as long :ohwell:

And those of you "not doing anything" in snow up to your shins, I call that serious resistance training! :tongue:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Shoveling snow counts Raz! Does dragging a christmas tree count? I've been a slug for a couple of days and I think it's the stress of the season. I haven't been able to get my walks in. Just cleaning and decorating and washing and cooking. Nothing extra:sad: . Can't wait till Christmas, I asked Santa:bigsmile: for some snowshoes! But right now I feel like I am going to:explode: because there is sooo much to be done. Nicole you always sound so upbeat, how do you do it? We have the added stress of our daughter's house being built, so their stress is my stress,as they are living with us till it's done. I feel like sitting for a half hour in a yoga pose with a mantra going ... " Christmas is almost done", I don't know why it stresses me out but it does:ohwell: . Thanks for the mini rant, I just needed that, gotta go. Would you believe I'm making doughnuts? NO I'm not going to eat them, they are for my brother, it's his best memory of our grandma and he loves them, even though they are bad for him and it's his birthday today. So I'm making them for him. See yall again soon. ~Karen
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Got my DVD player back so I did Hip Hop Abs 30 minutes, 20 minutes(6 1/2 miles) on my bike & Pilates 20 minute workout. It's snowing right now & they say 4-7 so I will be adding shoveling later on tonight.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was out of town for the past few days. I didn't do well at all on food... drank wine every night and ate badly! I'm feeling pretty good today, though. I went to the gym this morning and did a 30 minute run on the treadmill followed by a 20 minute strength train session and then a 60 minute spin class! Hopefully I'll get my butt back in gear by the 25th. My goal was to lose 5 pounds... but I'm not doing so good.

Talk to you guys soon!!!
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey all !

I'm new to the boards so I don't know if this Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in is for a selected few or not, but thought I'd report in anyways for accountability purposes!

I got in my 30 minute Curves workout last night. They've been holding a "Nothing to Lose" holiday challenge that started 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. I'm proud to say I've lost 12 lbs. since then, and 2 of those in the last 2 days!!:happy:

I'm currently at 258 and goal weight is 185.:ohwell: I'll get there slowly but surely!

I enjoy reading all your posts. You guys are a great support network!

Hang in there everyone. Just think of all those people who will make New Year's resolutions to start 1/1/08 and we'll be mucho steps ahead!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Merry Christmas to all!

SSchrock
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier. Ho ho ho !
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Monday, cardio 45 min.and 15 min. weights
    Tuesday, excuses
    Wednesday, cardio 45 min. 15min. weights
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Very proud of myself today. Had many Christmas errands to do this morning and when I woke up it was 37 degrees outside. Short on time so told myself I would do my errands and then ride my bike when I got home. I actually did it! Just got back from 90 minute ride. I am always afraid that if I dont exercise right when I get up I wont do it later - but I did!!:happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just finished 40 minutes of yoga.

Then I'll walk to choir practice and back (30 minutes total).

Christmas is coming! Yikes!:flowerforyou: