One week into MFP

Options
Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Anita and I'm 24 living in Los Angeles. A friend of mine told me about this website and I was hesitant at first. I thought it was just another calorie counter, but when I actually signed up and looked into it, I fell in love.

I've been overweight my whole life, and I've been lucky enough not to have any health problems yet, despite the fact that every illness under the sun runs in my family. I realized that I don't want to push my luck any further. My friend got me excited about working out and losing weight a month or two back and with her help, only a week into using MFP I've already managed to lose some weight. So now I'm REALLY excited about this all and reading all of your amazingly inspiration success sotires has got me looking forward to the rest of my journey!

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard!
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been using MFP for about 22 days now and absolutely love it. It is a motivation beyond all others. I've been exercising since Sept 2010. I realized finally that my father (62), brother (42), and myself (39) all shared the same cardiologist. I thought to myself, this has to stop. My father passed away at 61, my brother passed away at 39. I was scared. So far i have lost a total of 40pounds and feel like a new person!

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Again, welcome and Good luck to you.

Tina
  • ijessieb
    ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You Are KICKIN' @$$ and Takin' Names Sista!!! You are truly doing an AMAZING job and I'm so blessed to be going through this process with you and to have someone by my side!! SEXY BIKINIS HERE WE COME!!!! :)
  • Live_Aloha
    Live_Aloha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! You're really going to love it here =) I'm addicted to this community and logging my meals in the food diary (if you have an iPhone, the MFP iPhone app is a must have if you don't already have it). Good luck to you on your journey!! =)
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome!