Another Newbie

Options
My name is Elisa, and I'm from Washington state. The dry side, not the west side!

My fiancee and I have been working on losing weight and getting in shape together for a couple months now. It's going well, I'm down from 190 to 181, and haven't been asked nearly as often lately when I'm due. Nursing home patients, they have no tact. LOL My fiancee is finding that clothes his parents sent that were too small before, fit now, and clothes that used to fit are getting looser. So, we're happy!

I decided to join here to have a way to keep track of my progress and see what others are doing that works for them. So far we've done little things like actually starting to eat breakfast, switching to whole grain pastas and the like, and adding more veggies to our diets. We're also working out together, alternating between The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, The Biggest Loser Power Walk, and Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. (which ends with my fiancee yelling, "I hate you, Jillian Michaels!")

I'm hoping that next year, when I make my wedding dress, I can make it in a smaller size than I usually sew for myself. I'm not starting it until January at the earliest, (wedding's not til NEXT May) so with a little encouragement, I know I can do it.

Elisa

Replies

• nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding....and you and fiance's accomplishments, so far.

This website is a great 'find' with encouraging friends, and good ideas....and challenges that you can join....

I, too, am from WA state....the wet side...smile.
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Laurie, congratulations on your upcoming wedding, and on the weight loss. This is a great site...I like it alot!
  • rsiano92
    rsiano92 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Elisa, congrats on your upcoming wedding and great job on the weight loss. You will love this website, feel free to add me, support and motivation is always around when needed :).
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding. This site is awesome ! I'm having a good time getting healthy and fitting back into clothes I nearly gave up on. Feel free to add me as a friend - we can all use support :happy: