Low carb / Keto questiong

Options
2»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    am considering doing this, can anyone give me any starter tips?

not to sound obnoxious but read the book. though these days you can probably get most the info on the web.

Well sorry but you do sound a tad obnoxious. I am a low carb enthusiast but I had never heard of a keto diet before this and I have no idea what 'book' you are referring to.

Anyone else willing to provide some useful information?

Atkins is the most famous of the ketogenic (keto) plans. You start out in ketosis and stay in a minimum of 2 weeks, but longer if your not bored.

With Atkins, once you start adding back in higher carb veggies and fruit, you will slowly start coming out of ketosis.
  • kirs7
    kirs7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try reddit... There is a GREAT discussion board there for keto.

It is www.reddit.com/r/keto

Everything I know about keto is mainly from there... People are so helpful and encouraging too - Always positive and never judgmental. People who respond poorly or rudely to people trying to help them are remembered and typically not helped in the future.(FYI)

Keto is great! I started about a week ago and have done 20+ night burning hours of research to really dive in and know all aspects and do this right! The keto FAQ on reddit is very extensive too.

In my opinion books about keto are a waste. Reddit is the way to go because you can ask questions to other redditors and they respond and provide encouragement and support.

As far as Atkins: that diet allows much more carbs per day than keto does (keto generally calls for only 20g/day)

That will be the best advice you get here!

Good luck!
    :smile: