casein

Options
llovegrove
llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
MHR PROBOLIC SR.....what are thoughts? I have been waking up.starving at night and was recommended this. I bought it but he said I could return it if I don't like it. I got it from vitamin world. Also...im almost out of my gnc what and want to try something different. What are thoughts on Vitamin Worlds Brand?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    My protien shake I take in the am has Whey and Casin in it because they guy said it was "slow to digest" so I wouldnt be sooo freaking hungery right after breakfast.
    I think it works.. holds me over for a good extra couple hours!
  • my1lastchance
    Options
    Casein protein is the slowest digesting protein and is great if you want to fuel your muscles for longer periods of time. Casein powder is thicker than that of whey because obviously if it is thicker it takes longer for our stomach/intestines to digest it.

I take a casein shake right before bed, I know most people will say shouldn't eat before bed blah blah blah. But by doing this I noticed that my body doesn't go in to that epic "starvation mode" while I sleep and continues to burn (metabolically) all night and feeds my muscles.

One last thing...you should purchase your supplements online...you usually save 40-60% off of GNC prices. They feed off people who don't know any better.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • llovegrove
    Options
    I just hope this works and I don't get up hungry tonight!: )
  • llovegrove
    Options
    What brand protein is that you take that has both?
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Just eat food before you go to bed.....works for me.
  • llovegrove
    Options
    I've tried that and it doesn't work. By the time I get home get dinner its 8pm. I do my work outs in evening before bed, which probably doesn't help. Drank a shake last night....it was so thick compared to whet
    Gonna give it a week and see if I can adjust to it. I didn't wake up hungry though...but I was pretty tired last night to. Lol
  • my1lastchance
    Options
    Yeah casein is much thicker than whey, it needs to be. My favorite brand is Optimum Nutrition casein protein, they have good flavors like Chocolate cake batter. Best part is 1g of sugar per serving!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Mine is Elite Dymatize Whey and Casin ---ebay 38$ for 5lbs... milk chocolate and cookies and cream are good!