PLEEEEAASE HELP!!!

elegantladyt
elegantladyt Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone:
I'm soooooooo discouraged!! I've been working out like crazy, drinking almost a gallon of water a day, eating rather healthy I must say, and leaving stress behind. Why can't I lose any weight?

Can someone please give me some tips on breaking this "plateau". My weight has been fluctuating between 157 and 160 for about 6 months now. I'm getting pretty desperate now and I don't wanna do something that's more harmful than helpful.

Tiffany

Replies

• Hi everyone:
    I'm soooooooo discouraged!! I've been working out like crazy, drinking almost a gallon of water a day, eating rather healthy I must say, and leaving stress behind. Why can't I lose any weight?

Can someone please give me some tips on breaking this "plateau". My weight has been fluctuating between 157 and 160 for about 6 months now. I'm getting pretty desperate now and I don't wanna do something that's more harmful than helpful.

Tiffany
  • Maybe you are not eating enough? Ask Banks, Banks will know
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Are you doing the same exercise routine all the time? You might want to throw in something new. I was told that your body gets used to certain routines and then it's no longer a workout for the body. I mean you are working out but your body doesn't see it as work beause you do it all the time.
  • Time to change your routine in some way. Same thing happened to me. Change your menu and/or your exercise regime.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Are you doing the same exercise routine all the time? You might want to throw in something new. I was told that your body gets used to certain routines and then it's no longer a workout for the body. I mean you are working out but your body doesn't see it as work beause you do it all the time.

i agree i hit my plateau for about 1 month 222 -219 changed food intake sometime more or less calories at 1800 for me ( more like about 200 - 400 over) seemed to work for me now down to 209 thats 50lbs gone but what ever dont give up :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    good morning. i bumped the avoid platu..thread from banks. i tried reread this every 2 wks and it never fails to break the dreaded plateau!
This discussion has been closed.