Nothing like it.

Options
bowserette
bowserette Posts: 36 Member
Normally, I'm one to obsess over numbers. I have to limit myself to weighing in once a week so I don't drive myself crazy. Today, though, I found the joy of measuring weight loss in other ways -- I've lost about 18 pounds so far, and I'm just now realizing what that means.

I'm invited to an event that requires business casual attire. I haven't had any reason to buy clothes that would be appropriate, other than some nice black pants. To be honest, I really don't have the money to buy a nice top, either.

So that's when I got desperate. I knew I still had some clothes left over from a semi-professional job I had had years ago. I had packed them away in a box with the rest of my clothes that no longer fit. On a whim, I decided to look through those clothes, so at the very least I could get some ideas for what to buy.

Ever curious, I decided to try some on. And guess what? Yup, some fit. Others will fit soon, I think.

I knew my pants were getting so loose I need a belt, which is also a nice reminder, but actually being able to fit into my old clothes, the ones I packed away thinking I would never wear them again?

Priceless.

I'm taking this as encouragement to keep going. I still have a long way to go, but the promise of being able to wear more cute clothes I loved is definitely a great reward. It's been tough the past few weeks -- I've been going up and down, but always hovering around 190-188 -- but I'm about to kick-start it again. I have scheduled meals, scheduled exercise time (including walking around the block when I can't make it to the gym), and of course, myfitnesspal.

I'm excited.

:)

Replies

• TaushasJourney
    Options
    That's so awesome, congratulations! I have a few cute tops hanging around that I can't wait to fit into again! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!