Body fat

Options
tabi26
tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
I would like to lose about 3% body fat by the end of June.

I'm just wondering if that's a realistic goal? Or should I aim for less?

I"m 25% now. I'm 5'5" tall and I weigh anywhere from 134-137 depending on the day lol :)

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    i would say you could do it!

1. Strength Training - weights, weights, weights! (and cardio, haha)
    2. Proteins, proteins, proteins!

(thats my opinion at least)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    No idea if it's realistic or not, but I'm at 25% too...want to get down to about 20% but don't have a timeframe for it. The trainers at my gym where I went to get measured and tested said to continue lifting weights and eat more lean protein and that will help cut body fat (as opposed to just losing weight--I lost a small amount of muscle mass in my last weigh in and don't want to lose any more muscle)
  • tabi26
    Options
    I just can't seem to lose weight anymore so I thought I would start tracking my body fat instead.....I guess we'll see if it works out :)
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I would say that it's possible. You just have to be really dedicated!
  • tabi26
    Options
    i'm pretty sure 3% body fat is ridiculously low. I know that Wikipedia isn't the best source to cite, but they include a table of healthy body fat percentages for men and women: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

Ya it probably is really low...I want to LOSE 3%.......not BE 3% lol.
    So i would like to end up at 22% :)
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    i wanna lose 3% too. its bout 6 lbs. im at 11-12 % now. wanna be around 8%. urs should be lose than 6 lbs
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose about 3% body fat by the end of June.

I'm just wondering if that's a realistic goal? Or should I aim for less?

I"m 25% now. I'm 5'5" tall and I weigh anywhere from 134-137 depending on the day lol :)

Since you are already in normal BF range, going down to athletic/lean will probably take a bit of work. Not to say it can't be done. Good luck...