Republican Convention

Options
ok, I'm really upset that the convention is this week and i probably won't get to see much of it. I'm sure I will be out of electricity for days due to the hurricane so no TV!

Does anyone else feel like this should be rescheduled? Thousands of americans won't be able to watch the convention due to the hurricane and I feel like John Mccain will be getting cheated. Not to mention, the hurricane will give the mainstreem media a reason not to cover much of the Republican convention, all eyes will be on Gustav!

I feel like the DNR got alot of attention and alot of people were able to watch it and this week there won't be alot of people able to watch, not to mention alot of speakers aren't going to be able to attend now.
Am I the only one that feels it should be pushed back a week or so??

Replies

• cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ok, I'm really upset that the convention is this week and i probably won't get to see much of it. I'm sure I will be out of electricity for days due to the hurricane so no TV!

Does anyone else feel like this should be rescheduled? Thousands of americans won't be able to watch the convention due to the hurricane and I feel like John Mccain will be getting cheated. Not to mention, the hurricane will give the mainstreem media a reason not to cover much of the Republican convention, all eyes will be on Gustav!

I feel like the DNR got alot of attention and alot of people were able to watch it and this week there won't be alot of people able to watch, not to mention alot of speakers aren't going to be able to attend now.
    Am I the only one that feels it should be pushed back a week or so??
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    it will be ok sorry you cant watch, hope the storm gets weaker as the week goes on not just for the convention but for all the other problems it can cause. I am going to the McCain ralley today in ofallon MO I will yell real loud for you all God Bless and keep safe.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I feel your pain. I was ready for an election. I had read up and felt passionately about the issues... election day came and I couldn't vote because I was giving birth. As much as I love my daughter and the joy of giving birth for the first time I felt ripped off that my voice didn't count.

I hope you get to see the convention.

My guess is the powers that be at the Republican convention have considered what you are concerned about but has decided to continue despite the hurricane.