house party

Options
Hey everyone,

I just went to a house party, where I ate awesome, foreign foods. I'm not quite sure what I ate, or the spelling, and the stuff I know what I ate it's not in the database. Since I didn't cook the food, how do I know what to put in my calorie counter?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Just write oof the day, or make a wild guess.

Life is gonna happen.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    for the stuff you know, you could google "calories in ___" and probably find some estimates somewhere online. That's what I do when a food isn't in the database.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Wholesome foods? Reasonable portions? You are good, lifestyle wise!

PS: When I do this, I don't stress over the calories, but I put a description of the evening in my notes. This keeps me accountable and serves as reminder that 1) I wasn't really under calories that day and 2) how often I allow myself that kind of evening.
  • Missaeriel
    Missaeriel Posts: 9
    Options
    cmriverside is totally right! Life does happen! Someone told me "every day can't be perfect but it's important not to beat yourself up about it and to wake up tomorrow with a clean slate!" and it has helped me tremendously! My birthday is coming up and I fully intend on enjoying the day...cake...martini's and everything in between! :)
  • FinMcK
    FinMcK Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with cmriverside--occasionally just don't worry about it and enjoy! If you are doing the right things most of the time, an occasional splurge is totally worth it. I spent over an hour trying to search out and log in some mystery foods one time, and it
    nearly made me crazy. Just not worth the wasted time (and sanity!) Life is too short to obsess over anything!:flowerforyou: