how to lose body fat?! HELP!

Options
Hey All.... I was wondering when I'll stop losing water weight and will actually start losing body fat? I also am interested in the best foods and exercises to help lose body fat! I'm losing weight but I definitely think it's all water weight and I really want to lose inches, especially for summer!! Help please!!!!

Replies

• ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i think it just be some secret or something but it seem to be few that truly does it. so bumping for you i would like the steps too
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Well, why do you think you're not losing body fat? The only way to tell for sure is to get a good, reliable, body fat test. The best methods are the water immersion method or the Bod Pod testing chamber. Body fat calipers can be inaccurate depending on who's using them. Body fat scales are generally considered to be unreliable.

First, determine your actual body fat percentage. Then, determine your goal BF %. Keep in mind that anything under 20% is usually considered to be in the athlete range. Anything below 16-17% is pretty elite and harder to attain. Once you know your actual BF% and your goal BF %, you need to tailor your diet to achieve that goal. For the most part, fat loss is heavily dependent on diet, unless you're very obese, in which case BF % isn't as important right now anyway. The best approach is to eat clean, unprocessed foods, and try to hit your target goals for macronutrients (fat, cals, carbs, protein) every day. Check your BF % every month and adjust as necesary.

Check out scoobysworkshop.com for great fat loss tips. Good luck!