Is eating excercise calories for everyone?

Options
Mely
Mely Posts: 166 Member
I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease that is treated so theoretically my BMR should be the same as anyone else but I have the sinking feeling it is still lower as I have other symptoms of hypothyroid that have never gone away even with medication.

I've been eating my excercise calories but haven't noticed any appreciable weight loss in 2 weeks. I'm going to keep it up to see if the problem wasn't something else like constipation and TOM which both occured during this period. However, I know that 6 years ago while on a 19 week WW type weight loss program, it wasn't the in thing to eat more than 1200 calories a day even when you excercised. I also know I consistently lost about 1-2 pounds a weeks doing this and excercised moderately as well (gym @ 3 x a week). On the other hand, I was 6 years younger! (I'm now 40).

I understand the concept of eating the excercise calories and really hope it works for me as it's a great motivator but I have a feeling I just have a slower metabolism and shouldn't necessarily eat them all.

Replies

• Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's thyroid disease that is treated so theoretically my BMR should be the same as anyone else but I have the sinking feeling it is still lower as I have other symptoms of hypothyroid that have never gone away even with medication.

I've been eating my excercise calories but haven't noticed any appreciable weight loss in 2 weeks. I'm going to keep it up to see if the problem wasn't something else like constipation and TOM which both occured during this period. However, I know that 6 years ago while on a 19 week WW type weight loss program, it wasn't the in thing to eat more than 1200 calories a day even when you excercised. I also know I consistently lost about 1-2 pounds a weeks doing this and excercised moderately as well (gym @ 3 x a week). On the other hand, I was 6 years younger! (I'm now 40).

I understand the concept of eating the excercise calories and really hope it works for me as it's a great motivator but I have a feeling I just have a slower metabolism and shouldn't necessarily eat them all.
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm hypo as well. (I take Synthroid) This MFP program is working great for me.