Am I just whining?

snkeller24
snkeller24 Posts: 459
Here we go.

So I've always been critical of my lower half, I have an *kitten* for a "white girl" - and those who are on my 'friends' list may have seen the post earlier.

Going from the gym to the barn (in riding pants and tank top) I stopped by a scene of a fire to take some pictures for my fire department. Well in the process of leaving I stopped to talk to a friend of mine - there was a picture taken from behind, without my knowledge, unflattering to say the least. It was then posted online, without my knowledge or permission.

Since it's been posted it's been emailed to me, discussed, posted on my facebook wall and what not numerous times.

Is it catty to ask him to remove the picture since he doesn't have my permission, or am I just being a catty b!tch?

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 586 Member
    I don't think it's catty at all. It's YOUR body, and who the hell does he think he is to post something on the internet of you without checking? Personally, I might have drop kicked him a few feet.... >.>

I think that it is really disrespectful for people to post pictures like that.
  • GrampsWooha
    GrampsWooha Posts: 184
    For real u should tell him to take it down. He probably has no idea that u are not cool witih it and will apologize and delete it. You absolutely should speak up and let him know.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Not at all. That's not right and very disrespectful. I bet the guy thought he was being funny.

BTW don't be so hard on yourself. You're here and you're improving.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    very disrespectful to you.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Pics or it didn't happen. LOL j/k

Yeah, he should take it down.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Nope you tell him politely to take the picture down. Don't be rude but make sure you get your point across. No one should put a picture up without your permission.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    ...or you can post a pic of a donkey's *kitten* and tag him.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    If the comments you refer to are all of about your behind, you may want to consider finding a whole set of new friends.

A lot of people just don't think about it, especially on facebook. I have a friend who takes tons of pictures at social events. It took us months to convince her that while it is OK to post a picture which happens to have our behinds in frame, it is NOT necessary, or even OK to tag them!
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Catty? I'd probably have stabbed him in the eye.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    very rude, you have every right to ask him to remove it. Even though you are angry and upset, you'll probably have more success if you can try to be calm and polite about out. I'm sorry your friend did that to you. Good luck.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    That has happened to my twice in the last year. The first was of my back side as I tried to limp through my first 10K, it was very unflattering and we were passing a sign the the race organizers had put up "caution, slow runners." The second was at our company Christmas party and had my back side front and center- the description that seemed to fit was 'elephant under circus tent.' I used it as motivation to start this journey again, but then I did ask my boss to please have them remove it from the company web site before every employee I supervise sees it. If it can't go away- then just use it to spur yourself to do that extra effort to get to your goal.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Ask to have it taken down.... it's your right not to have images of yourself posted online if you don't want them to be!
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Thanks, I did send the website "owner" a request to have it removed. I work with a bunch *kitten* - which is primarily what emergency services is filled with. And I know it's been circulating through work and the rest of the field.

It's hard enough being taken serious as a female in this job, I don't need the constant harrassment about my body and looks. I get that enough on a regular basis.

But thank you for all your help. Hopefully it gets resolved. Regardless I still look better in a bikini then any of them =)

and the facebook status as followed:

"i know i have a big *kitten*. i'm well aware of it. it's attached to my body for the past 23 years. however, i work harder then 95% of the people who probably looked at that picture and made a rude comment about it. "
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    If your request is not honored and the harassment continues, hire an attorney. Hit the offenders in their pocket books and perhaps they will learn how to behave.