For the MFP ladies

Options
copperdave
copperdave Posts: 146
I know that all of us have our insecure moments, when we wish we looked a little better, a little slimmer. When we wish we could fit into those favorite "skinny" clothes. But I've noticed an unsettling trend here on MFP. There are soooo many women who complain about how bad they look. Maybe it's a "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing, or maybe we really are our own worst critics, but I've gotta tell you ladies -- you're being waaaay too hard on yourselves. I haven't seen so many hotties online in a single place...ever! So quit being so hard on yourselves...you're all beautiful!

Replies

• lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Aww that's so sweet! Thank u!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I know that all of us have our insecure moments, when we wish we looked a little better, a little slimmer. When we wish we could fit into those favorite "skinny" clothes. But I've noticed an unsettling trend here on MFP. There are soooo many women who complain about how bad they look. Maybe it's a "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing, or maybe we really are our own worst critics, but I've gotta tell you ladies -- you're being waaaay too hard on yourselves. I haven't seen so many hotties online in a single place...ever! So quit being so hard on yourselves...you're all beautiful!

Awwww what a sweet thing to say...gonna pretend you were talkin ta me..Ha:)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Awwww. I only wish the people in my off-MFP life were that supportive!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh out loud for sure!! What a sweet thing to say!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    aweeeeee Copperdave! That's soo nice!!!!! I agree wit you 100%

Girls you're are amazing..Just the wayy youuu areeee........ <--- singing
  • SugarRose
    SugarRose Posts: 16
    Options
    Super Sweet!:love:
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options

Agree.
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    I dont know about other women so much as I do myself....but I am probably my worse critic. It is a curse bc it is something not just said, but felt. I find this site to be encouraging to help us look beyond the weight to the psychology behind the weight. For many, the food or weight is not the disease, it is a symptom of something much deeper..... My opinion only of course. and yes...there are tons of beautiful men and women on here...genuinely wonderful:))
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critics, but we always love the compliments! What a wonderful sweet thing to say.
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What a darling thing to say. I'm blushing :blushing:
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    aw, how nice and thank you!!

I think that is a great thing to post cause i have noticed it too! (and said it myself!!)
    We are all human and all beautiful in our own ways!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Agree.

Amen.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Awww...how sweet! :)
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    What a sweet thing to say.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You're lovely, Dave.
  • snkeller24
    snkeller24 Posts: 459
    Options
    I think the media is to blame and the fact that guys always love the "pretty skinny girls" ... sometimes it's hard to love yourself when you don't think you're good enough to be loved.

Deep. I know.
  • jjbcb
    jjbcb Posts: 21
    Options
    You just made my day!!! Thanks, you are so sweet:wink:
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. We make ourselves crazy thinking we have to measure up to something. If I don't lose another pound, I'm going to still feel good about myself. I'm happy with ME. :smile:
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My husband says the same thing all the time and for whatever reason I just can't believe him...he is supposed to tell me I look great...right?! Funny how sweet it sounds coming from someone else!
  • PositiveMummy
    Options
    Awww thank you!! so sweet x