Help!

tillzie
tillzie Posts: 16
edited 8:11AM in Health and Weight Loss
ok, so I've read alot about eating back exercise calories and all that stuff... But I've gotta day I'm getting baffled once again. Today I worked out hard for two hours, and burnt over 800 calories... And have just eaten dinner and I'm still 100 calories under my daily goal not to mention the extra 800 calories!

What do y'all do to make these calories up? Do you all eat your calories back? What should I be doing different? anyone got any pointers or advice? Id really appreciate it!!

Replies

• wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    have a glass of milk will give you an extra hundred or so, I don't eat back all my exercise calories just in case they're over estimated
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    I only eat bak half my exercise calories as well just in case. I will snack on nuts or I have a workout smoothie that I make that has protein powder and organic peanut butter in it that can add a quick 350 calories to my day.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    I normally only eat back half my exercise calories, maybe a handful of unsalted nuts like almonds? That'll be about 170cal :)
    You have'nt got to eat back everything all the time just try to plan the day in the morning so that you can spread out the extra allowance. Being under every now & then is ok but try not to let it happen every day or your body won't be getting the fuel it needs xx
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    my calorie chart also showing i am under calorie goal, but i am not hungry, so how can i eat more? i think when you dont take extra salt, oil and sugar in your food your calorie count will be always much lower, those are the things that adds empty calories in foods
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    I think it *really* depends on where your calories are coming from, like the previous post said. If you are eating a lot of basic, clean food, like veggies and fruits, your calorie count will be much lower. Jonny Bowden (my go-to guy on nutrition) says studies show women lose weight at around 1,350-1,400 calories a day. You need to take into account all of that exercise, and not starve yourself. If you've ever seen these weight loss shows, like Biggest Loser, when contestants overdo the calorie restriction, they gain weight or do not lose anything. This is a marathon, not a sprint; you're going to have to keep working at it until you figure out what works for YOUR body. Good luck, I know you can do it!:happy:
This discussion has been closed.