The 10 Day No Scale Challenge - Day 1

sd101483
sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
For those partaking in this challenge with me - how is it going? I decided to start a blog about it - just...cuz, really. That's here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sd101483/

Where did you hide your scale? How do you feel?

What is the best way to keep in touch for those of us in on this together? A new post daily, a blog, becomming friends? (Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend, if they like!)

In short, from the blog, I can't quite figure out WTF I'm suppose to do before I shower - I ALWAYS weigh myself before I shower...ALWAYS. Also, I'm super glad I put my scale away (boxed up in the trunk of my car) for the simple fact it's such an automatic thing for me. It's not that I lack will power to do it, it's that I would hop on without even processing it - autopilot. I even turned around to toe tap the scale on and toe tapped the floor - oh, yeah, that's right...lightbulb! :)

Dish!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Is it wrong to want to participate in this group because I've not eaten well the past week? I think I've gained weight, so avoiding the scale is a great idea!!!
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    one of my friends here did the same, boxed up her scale and hid it for a month..... but I weigh every day - ONCE a day..... on two different scales... I don't panic if I go up a little, it triggers a check list from water consumed to potty habits..... I even discovered the 'problem' with my digital scale.... don't stand in the same place every day? or scale on slightly uneven tile?.... everything seems to 'throw off 'that scale... never giving me the same reading twice.... so now I balance the weigh in with another older/non electronic scale.... but only in the morning before I shower..... it really grounds me..... but we all gotta do it our own way.....
  • Leanitra
    Leanitra Posts: 18
    Day one and I thing God that I dont have a scale here at this job. I cant speak for the other job that I have to tonight where I can go in and just jump on the scale at any given time. Lord please give me the strength to STAY OFF THE SCALE!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Day one and I thing God that I dont have a scale here at this job. I cant speak for the other job that I have to tonight where I can go in and just jump on the scale at any given time. Lord please give me the strength to STAY OFF THE SCALE!

Just remind yourself that it's only 10 days - ANYTHING is possible with an end in sight! (I went to nursing school - trust me - ANYTHING is possible with the end in sight! LOL)
This discussion has been closed.